The Radeon R9 290X, AMD's new flagship GPU, offers the weapon of choice for gamers who demand the best. It's based on the new 28nm Hawaii GPU architecture and introduces support for DirectX 11.2, capable of rendering reality-redefining imagery in the hottest titles. With a massive number of stream processors and a gigantic 4GB GDDR5 memory, this GPU delivers the performance you need for smooth gameplay at extreme settings. The new CrossFire technology allows you to build a multiple graphics card configuration without the use of interconnect bridges. With Ultra Resolution Gaming you will leave HD in the dust by gaming on displays much, much larger. A rich set of AMD innovative technologies is included, such as App Acceleration, AMD PowerTune, AMD ZeroCore, and AMD HD3D technology. With these technology advancements, you'll get more than one way to elevate your gaming experience.
This MSI LIGHTING edition comes with an enhanced design over the reference, such as Triple Force, Twin BIOS, Military Class 4 components, and 3x3 OC kits. All of these take durability, stability, and overclocking ease to the next level.
- Triple ForceTriple Force Architecture includes TriFrozr Thermal Design, Triple Level Signals, and Pure Digital PWM Control. The Triple Level Signals show the real-time GPU load by different colors. The TriFrozr thermal design features triple PWM fans with an independent control system. The Pure Digital PWM Control includes digitally controlled GPU, memory, and VDDCI.
- Twin BIOSIncluding two separate BIOS chips, one for gaming and one specially for extreme overclockers. Just one click switch to LN2 BIOS releases the overall overclocking potential.
- Military Class 4 ComponentsMSI graphics cards are the only ones that meet the MIL-STD-810G standard. They adopt top components, like copper MOS, Hi-c CAP, new SFC, and Dark Solid CAP, to ensure the best stability and quality. It brings perfect quality and longest lifetime to you.
- 3x3 OC KitsThe Triple Overvoltage gives you instant voltage adjustment of GPU/Memory/PLL via MSI Afterburner. The Triple Temp Monitor allows you to monitor and control the GPU/Memory/PLL condition at the same time. The V-Check Points allows you to directly and accurately measure the voltage of GPU/Memory/PLL via a multi-meter.
- Gold-Plated ConnectorMSI Lighting graphics cards adopt a gold-plated connector to provide better signal transmission and rust protection. It can maximize display connectivity and expand the lifetime of your graphics card.
- VGA FAN CONTROLThe VGA Fan Control is MSI's exclusive software and only for the R9 290X LIGHTNING. It displays the temperature and PWM on the interface, and allows you to control the fan speed via two PWM controllers automatically or manually.