Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Any way you look at it, solid state drives are faster than HDDs, so why not get the most bang-for-your-buck? OCZ Solid 3 SSDs are designed to provide a superior combination of value and performance, implementing the cutting-edge SATA 6Gbps interface to deliver speed that significantly improves your overall computing experience.
In addition to enhanced performance, a Solid 3 upgrade promotes cooler, quieter, and more energy efficient conditions compared to traditional mechanical hard drives leading to a longer battery life. With no moving parts, SSDs also provide peace of mind with their superior durability and reliability.
- Engineered for Cost-effective PerformanceThe OCZ Solid 3 SATA III Solid State Drives are designed and built for cost-effective performance. By leveraging the latest SATA 6Gbps interface and the second generation of SandForce SSD controller (SF-2281), the Solid 3 pushes the limits in sequential data transfer rates with up to 500MB/s read plus great 4KB random write performance of 20,000 IOPS, significantly improving your productivity, gaming, multimedia, and overall computing experience. It is backwards compatible with SATA II / 3Gbps, and is also compliant with ATA/ATAPI-8 Standard Native Command Queuing (NCQ). (Max performance achieved using Native SATA 6Gbps chipset. Rated speeds may vary slightly depending on the benchmark used, drivers, windows version, bios version and file size.)
- A Superior PC ExperienceIn addition to enhanced performance, a Solid 3 upgrade promotes cooler, quieter, and more energy efficient conditions compared to traditional mechanical hard drives. With no moving parts, SSDs provide peace of mind with their superior durability and reliability.
- TRIM SupportThe OCZ Solid 3 offers native TRIM support featured in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Designed to maintain the performance of SSD at an optimal level over the lifetime of the drive, TRIM functions by actively deleting invalid data from the SSD’s memory cells to ensure that write operations perform at full speed. Since a memory block must be erased before it can be re-programmed, TRIM improves performance by pro-actively erasing pages containing invalid data, allowing the SSD to write new data without first having to perform a time-consuming erase command.
- S.M.A.R.T. technologyThe OCZ Solid 3 adopts Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) which enables the PC to predict the future failure of hard disk drives. Through the SMART system, hard disk drives incorporate a suite of advanced diagnostics that monitor the internal operations of a drive and provide an early warning for many types of potential problems. When a potential problem is detected, the hard drive can be repaired or replaced before any data is lost or damaged.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy