Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Optiarc High Speed DVD RW Drive with DVD+R DL OverBurn to 8.7 GB Black SATA Model AD-5290S-PLUS
- 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW
- 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM
- 512 KB Cache
Optiarc 5290S-PLUS Archival / Duplication grade writer drive with DVD+R DL Overburn
The Optiarc AD-5290S-PLUS CD/DVD burner is capable of reading and writing most DVD/CD media available on the market. Originally developed and distributed by SONY, the Optiarc AD-5290S-PLUS is built using superb components and adopts advanced stabilization technologies. These technologies enable stable reading and recording, resulting in less burn failures and better burning quality that will last long. Moreover, it offers the revolutionary DVD+R DL Overburn feature which can expand the writing capacity from 8.5GB up to 8.7GB*, letting users record more content on a single DVD+R DL disc. And with SATA interface, the AD-5290S-PLUS can work flawlessly with today's PCs, workstations, and duplicator towers.
Better Burning Quality
- Secure media speed stability ensures that media duplication speed does not exceed encoded maximum rates to provide better burning control and virtually eliminates bad burns.
- Enhanced recording stabilization control ensures all drives in a single duplication environment burn uniformly to avoid disproportionate speed fluctuations, which lead either to failed discs or less compatible completed discs.
- With stable recording control, the drives have an extensive database of media specs and are better able to communicate and convey these details while burning the disc(s) at ultimate speed.
- DVD+R DL Overburn can extend the listed capacity from 8.5GB up to 8.7GB* to allow users to capture more content on a single DVD+R DL disc.
Greater Compatibility with Blank Media and Media Players:
- Stable burning throughout provides consistent and reliable burning of any file type for the duration of the duplication progress to ensure the recorded media has far greater reliability of playback or that the discs will successfully copy to begin with.
- Enhanced compatibility for DVD+R media ensures greater compatibility with DVD Players. ? Enhanced CD-R Duplication limits potential distortion in CD-R audio duplication.
- Enhanced Compatibility for CD+G media ensures greater compatibility with Karaoke players.
- Support for 99 minute CD-R allows CD-R media to be over-burned effectively to 99 minutes.
- With archival capability, it works with wide array of specialty archival media for greater longevity on stored content.
- Thanks to M-Disc capability, it can write to the exclusive M-Disc Archival Media which is able to store digital content without data loss for up to 1,000 years.
Drives Last Longer
- Built using sturdier components - Compared to alternative drives, the AD-5290S-PLUS was built using the true Japanese design and parts lists for a stronger and more reliable system.
- Less wear and tear - Since there are fewer bad burns, the system is able to complete its jobs in less burns meaning a prolonged life for the drives themselves due to less use.
- With industrial tray gears & pulleys, the AD-5290S-PLUS provides a more stable disc loading tray for a longer life cycle (1 cycle equals 1 tray extend from and then return into the drive).
- Enhanced Error Reporting provides greater details as to the cause of any potential duplication failure during the Lead-In.
Note: *DVD+R DL Overburn only available with DVD+R DL media that supports 8.7GB burning capacity. For a list of supported media, contact Vinpower Digital.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Runtechmedia Return Policy