As the name implies, the Define XL is the larger sibling of the acclaimed and award winning Define R2/R3 case. It is focused on low noise levels while also excelling in other important features such as high-performance cooling, expandability and ease of use. The XL combines minimalistic yet elegant styling with extraordinary performance, noise reduction features, premium build quality, and unparalleled value in this price range. This full-tower case is a great choice for everything from gaming/enthusiast systems to silent home theater and corporate applications. The exclusive ModuVent System, 10 hard drive bays with SSD compatibility, sleek black interior, pre-installed noise absorbing materials, 6 fan slots, unique tilted rear-exhaust 180mm fan, configurable thermal chambers, rotatable/removable HDD bays and superior cable management, are just some of features that put the R3 in a class by itself.
The Define XL is pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing bitumen material. This material effectively absorbs noise generated by the components and fans inside. The sleek top panel has no holes, to also help reduce noise. Instead of putting a fan on the top cover, a 180 mm fan is mounted inside near the top at an optimized angle, to blow out air in the rear and further reduce any noise generated by the fan. The side panel has a removable cover, called ModuVent, which also contains noise absorbing material and can be removed to further enhance the air flow characteristics by mounting an additional intake fan in the side panel.
The case has 3 chambers, which can easily be reconfigured in multiple ways to change and optimize the way airflows through the case. If desired, the XL can support up to 7 fans and provide airflow from 3 sides of the case. The cleverly designed, 10 white HDD trays can be used for 3.5” HDDs or SSDs and the rubber mounting grommets further reduce noise in the system. The spacious chassis can support long graphic cards up to 330 mm (or 480 mm if the upper HDD cage is removed). The case also includes several rubber grommeted routing holes and extended cable space behind the M/B mounting plate which allow for efficient cable management. The bottom of the case has a filter over the power supply which can be easily removed for cleaning. It's easy to see why this case has won so many awards; the attention to detail, clever design, high-performance features, understated yet elegant style, quality workmanship, and unparalleled value, put the Define XL in a class of its own.
- OPTIMIZED FOR NOISE REDUCTIONThe case includes dense, noise absorbing materials on the front and side panels. Paired with other noise reduction features such as a covered top panel and silicon mounting grommets for HDDs, the XL truly excels in delivering a low noise solution.
- UNIQUE MODUVENT SYSTEMIf cooling becomes more of a priority than noise reduction, the ModuVent panels can be removed to expose additional air vents for optional fans.
- UNIQUE TILTED, REAR-EXHAUST 180mm FAN180mm fan is mounted at an angle blowing hot air out the rear of the case. Doing this allows the top of the case to be closed which does not allow noise to escape from the top, giving the XL case a clear acoustic advantage.
- CONFIGURABLE THERMAL CHAMBER DESIGNThe case has 3 chambers, which can easily be reconfigured to change the way air flows through the case. The main chamber has a rotatable and removable HDD cage. A divider separates this chamber from the PSU chamber. The PSU can be turned upside down to change airflow. The 3rd chamber contains 2 fixed HDD cages which are separated from the PSU chamber by another removable divider.
- CONVENIENT FRONT PANELThe aluminum look front panel has a stunning, minimalistic design with easily accessible USB 2.0, eSATA and Audio I/O ports. The reset button is intelligently placed inside the front door.
- ADVANCED CABLE MANAGEMENTCables can be conveniently routed through rubber grommets into a generous compartment behind the motherboard to reduce cable clutter and improve airflow.