The Intel Desktop Board D975XBX is designed to deliver the highest performance to high-end gamers and enthusiasts. Utilizing Intel's advanced 975X Express Chipset, this cutting edge board is able to provide the best graphics experience with ATI CrossFire support, and crystal-clear sound through Intel High Definition Audio. Other features include 8 SATA connectors with RAID support, 8-channel onboard HD Audio, PCIe Gigabyte LAN port and IEEE 1394 support. This advanced board also supports the Intel Viiv technology allowing you to take charge of your entire personal and online multimedia library, and comes with the software required to help meet Intel Viiv technology brand verification requirements.
- Cutting-edge Intel 975X+ICH7R Chipset CombinationSupporting Intel's latest dual-core processors, the Intel 975X Express Chipset represents the pinnacle in Intel's desktop performance platforms. The 975X also features advanced 2x8 graphics cards support, Intel Memory Pipeline Technology (MPT) and 8GB memory with ECC support. The ICH7R provides HD Audio support and SATA 3Gb/s ports with Intel Matrix Storage Technology support.
- Intel Viiv Technology SupportIntel Viiv technology is Intel's premier brand for consumer PCs designed for digital entertainment. These PCs are complemented by online entertainment services and applications that have been verified to work with Intel Viiv technology - enabling you to access great content like movies, music, videos and even games online whenever you want.
- ATI CrossFire Multi VPU Technology SupportThe Intel D975XBX incorporates full support for ATI CrossFire technology – its dual PCI Express x16 slots can be configured to dual x8 mode for ATI CrossFire mode, with simple paddle-less mode switching.
- Triple PCI Express x16 SlotsThree PCI Express x16 slots are provided on this motherboard: one primary PCI Express x16 (electrical x16 or x8) slot, one secondary PCI Express x16 (electrical x8) slot and one PCI Express x16 (electrical x4) slot. This makes it possible to have three graphics card installed on one system, with flexibility to install all types of PCI Express expansion cards.
- High-performance PCI Express-based Gigabit EthernetThe onboard Intel 82573 Gigabit Ethernet controller features a fully integrated Gigabit Ethernet Media Access Control (MAC) and Physical-Layer (PHY) functions. The controller’s host bus utilizes the PCIe architecture designed for high-performance and low-memory latency to ensure full Gigabit network bandwidth.
- Solid Capacitors and 5-Phase PWM for VRMA 5-phase PWM design is utilized for the processor VRM (voltage regulator module) for enhanced system stability and reliability under heavy-loading and overclocking. Heavy duty MOSFETs heatsinks ensure temperatures stay cool even under full loads. All capacitors used for VRM are high quality solid capacitors for even greater durability.