The GIGABYTE GA-965G-DS3 has been built for the dedicated, nay obsessed, gamer; it is so tricked out that even the pickiest overclocker will take it to his power-greedy little heart. Based on the Intel G965 Express Chipset, the GA-965G-DS3 is optimized for Intel's next-generation Core 2 Duo processors. Itsl Fast Memory Access and Dual Channel DDR2 800 architecture (8 GB max) deliver extreme performance by reducing latency and giving kickin' transfer speeds.
Quad-core and Windows Vista ready, you're ready for the future! Your new mobo's durability is assured thanks to the use of Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Capacitors. Proprietary features bring forth a whole range of systems to ease overclocking, optimize BIOS and drivermanagement, and improve system stability.
You can also add a high-end PCI-E card (in PCI-E X16 slot) to your system and revel in extreme graphic performance. This board offers great value for your money and comes loaded with an on-board Gigabit LAN card, an 8-channel HD-Audio card, six expansion slots (3 x PCI-E x1 + 3 x PCI), seven ATA connectors (6 x SATA 3 Gb/s + 1 x PATA), and more. This card will play better than YOU do!
- Intel G965 + ICH8 ChipsetThe Intel G965 Chipset with the integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 engine incorporates Intel Clear Video Technology for breakthrough increases in 3D, 2D and video capabilities. Up to dual-channel DDR2 800 memory is supported by the G965 chipset to provide up to 12.8 GB/s peak memory bandwidth for greater platform performance and memory flexibility. The ICH8 also features SATA 3Gb/s, High-Speed USB 2.0 and HD Audio support.
- Intel GMA X3000 Graphics Core IntegratedThe Intel GMA X3000 graphics core is optimized for enhanced 3D game compatibility and realism, and offers stability, ease of use and reduced power consumption in a cost effective solution. It fully supports the visually stunning Windows Aero user interface with amazing transition effects and realistic animations.
- Industry Leading All-Solid Capacitor Motherboard DesignTo ensure a longer system operation lifetime and to boost system stability under extreme conditions, the GIGABYTE GA-965G-DS3 motherboard adopts cutting-edge Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Capacitors from the world's leading vendors. With these high-quality components, users take advantage of better electronic conductivity and excellent heat resistance for enhanced system durability.
- Speed“Speed”-compliant GIGABYTE S-series motherboards provide extensive over-clocking and over-voltage settings through both the BIOS and an intelligent software interface for user-friendly operation.
- SmartGIGABYTE S-series motherboards provide GIGABYTE proprietary “Smart” software such as Download Center, @BIOS, Q-Flash, Xpress Install, Boot menu, and Smart Fan. BIOS as well as driver updates and management become much easier and user friendly with GIGABYTE Smart features!
- Safe“Safe” is a key feature of the GIGABYTE S-series motherboards with the following elements: Excellent hardware reinforced BIOS protection through GIGABYTE Virtual Dual BIOS Technology and GIGABYTE BIOS Setting Recovery Technology. Unique system software such as Xpress Recovery 2, PC Health Monitor, HDD S.M.A.R.T., and Corporate Online Manager (C.O.M.) further strengthen the stability and reliability of your PC!