The high-performance GIGABYTE GA-965P-DQ6 is a strong effort to produce a high performance motherboard out of the P965 chipset. It delivers a complete arsenal of skillfully-designed tuning tools for power users and hardcore gamers. With the Intel P965 and ICH8R chipset, the GA-965P-DQ6 supports up to a whopping 8 GB dual-channel DDR2 800/667/533 memory with Fast Memory Access technology, and the much vaunted next-generation Intel Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme processors.
Other features include 8 total SATA 3Gb/s connectors, 8-channel onboard HD Audio and PCIe Gigabit LAN support. Embodying intense performance, the GA-965P-DQ6 incorporates Gigabyte's revolutionary Quad Cooling, Quad eSATA 2, Quad BIOS and Quad Triple Power Phase technologies, and boasts all-solid capacitors specifically designed for enhanced system durability and boosted system stability even under the most extreme conditions.
- Intel P965+ICH8R ChipsetThe Intel P965 Express Chipset incorporates Intel Fast Memory Access technology to significantly increase overall system performance by optimizing available bandwidth and reduction of memory access latency. Up to dual-channel DDR2 800 memory is supported by the P965 chipset to provide up to 12.8 GB/s peak memory bandwidth for greater platform performance and memory flexibility. The ICH8R also features SATA 3Gb/s with Intel Matrix Storage Technology support, High-Speed USB 2.0 and HD Audio support.
- Intel Core 2 Processor SupportThis motherboard supports the next-generation LGA 775 Intel Core 2 processors, including the Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Extreme and even future quad-core models. With new Intel Core microarchitecture technology, the Intel Core 2 processors are considered some of the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world.
- Industry Leading All-Solid Capacitor Motherboard DesignTo ensure a longer system operation lifetime and to boost system stability under extreme conditions, the GIGABYTE GA-965P-DQ6 motherboard adopts cutting-edge Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Capacitors from the world's leading vendors. With these high-quality components, users take advantage of better electronic conductivity and excellent heat resistance for enhanced system durability.
- Quad CoolingThis revolutionary cooling system combines Crazy Cool for enhanced heat dissipation of the backside of CPU and Northbridge with an attached heatsink and Silent-Pipe technology protecting the MOSFET modules, Northbridge and Southbridge. Quad Cooling extends component lifetime through the ultimate thermal performance and delivers absolute silent cooling for chipsets, CPU power components and the motherboard PCB.
- Quad Triple PhaseThe GIGABYTE exclusive Quad-Triple Phase design incorporates 12 Power Phases for processor VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) to deliver rock-steady power support for the CPU during heavy workloads and over-clocking, and improves component lifespan and system stability by enabling lower component temperatures.
- Quad BIOSThe unique GIGABYTE Quad BIOS combines DualBIOS and Express BIOS Rescue Technology to deliver a safety assurance mechanism with 4 BIOS copies distributed between the Flash ROM, hard-disk and driver CD. This feature helps to reduce the affects of virus attacks or firmware damage and provides multi-layer BIOS protection for assured rock-solid PC platform stability.