An HTPC should run as quietly and efficiently as possible to minimize noise and distraction from the movie, video or music. The GA-EG45M-DS2H motherboard from Gigabyte has advanced technologies to do just that. The board has dynamic 4 gear power switching, so when your system needs more power it gets it . . . and when the power load goes down, so does the supplied power. Less power means less heat and then the fans don't have to work as hard.
Integrated into the system are an Intel GMA x4500HD graphics sub-system with support for DX10, Intel Clear Video and full hardware HD decoding. Video outputs through your choice of a DVI or HDMI port. Sound is not forgotten with Dolby Home Theater sound and a Realtek 8 channel audio chipset.
Just because it is an HTPC doesn't mean that durability and security are unimportant. Gigabyte's DualBIOS system has a second BIOS chip on the motherboard for quick and painless recovery from crashes and viruses. They also built the motherboard with all conductive polymer aluminum solid capacitors for increased longevity and power efficiency. An Ultra TPM module keeps your data as safe as your system.
- Intel G45 Express Chipset for Intel CPUBased on the Intel G45 Express chipset, the GIGABYTE GA-EG45M-DS2H supports Intel LGA 775 (Socket T) processors including the Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo and Pentium D series as well as the next generation Intel 45nm processors.
- Integrated Intel GMA X4500HD Graphics CoreThe onboard Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD (GMA X4500HD) graphics core is powered by Intel's innovative hybrid graphics architecture and Clear Video Technology for incredible 3D realism and home theater entertainment to meet the needs of today and tomorrow.
- HDMI OutputThe GIGABYTE GA-EG45M-DS2H features an HDMI output for connection to your high-definition video equipment. With the HDMI interface ensuring lossless transmission of high-quality HD video signals, play back HD contents on your computer and view them on your large HDTV set for more comfort.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. The on-board five SATA II ports support RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10 for better performance, enhanced data security, and flexible capacity upgrades.
- Gigabit Ethernet ConnectivityThe GIGABYTE GA-EG45M-DS2H features a fast Gigabit network interface for high-speed LAN connections at up to 1000Mbps data transfer rates with advanced security features to ward off malicious attacks. Gigabit LAN is ideal for supercharged seamless streaming of Internet audio and video content.
- GIGABYTE DualBIOSGIGABYTE DualBIOS technology protects the BIOS from virus attacks. With its innovative backup BIOS design, this platform provides twice the security thus assuring the PC’s stability.