Combining the advantage of Intel P67 and H67 platforms in one complete package, the GIGABYTE Z68 series offer the best of both worlds: user can take advantage of the system tuning and overclocking features found in the Intel P67 platform as well as the built-in visual features of the H67 platforms when combined with 2nd generation Intel Core processors.
- Intel Smart Response TechnologyGigabyte Z68 series motherboards are equipped with the much anticipated Intel Smart Response technology allowing you to experience performance similar to SSD-only systems. Intel Smart Response technology works by using intelligent block-based caching of frequently used applications to improve system performance and responsiveness. In fact, Gigabyte Z68 motherboards with Intel Smart Response technology are able to outperform hybrid system by more than 2x (PC Mark Vantage HDD Test) and HDD-only system by as much as 4x (PC Mark Vantage HDD Test) and deliver 60% performance improvement over HDD-only system in PC Mark Vantage Suite.
- GIGABYTE EZ Smart ResponseThe GIGABYTE EZ Smart Response utility is a convenient application that allows users to quickly and easily configure their system for Intel Smart Response technology. In the past, enabling Intel Smart Response technology meant users needed to enter BIOS in order to configure their system for RAID mode, which then required a complete reinstall of the operating system. Once that processes was completed, users then needed to install the Intel Rapid Storage Utility as well as configure Intel's Smart Response Technology. GIGABYTE EZ Smart Response does all of this automatically, without users having to perform a complicated install process. This allows them to quickly and effortless enjoy a significant boost in system performance.
- GIGABYTE Touch BIOSNavigating through the BIOS to change system settings can a daunting task for users not familiar with control "F" functions and mouse-less navigation. While some EFI BIOS try to address this with a mouse friendly environment, many implementations still lack a certain ease-of-use necessary for most people. With GIGABYTE Touch BIOS, GIGABYTE engineers have completely re-imagined how users interact with their BIOS, allowing for a more intuitive user experience. In fact, with a touch screen monitor, GIGABYTE Touch BIOS is as easy to use as most apps on you iPhone.
- Switchable Graphics with LucidLogix Virtu GPU VirtualizationGIGABYTE Z68 motherboards are enabled with LucidLogix Virtu GPU Virtualization technology which allows users to dynamically switch between their built-in graphics and their high-end, 3D discrete graphics cards. This is ideal for gamers who require high-resolution gaming and still want to enjoy the built-in media features of 2nd generation Intel Core processors. In so doing, switchable graphics helps to dramatically reduce PC graphics power consumption.
- SATA III and 3x USB Power BoostGIGABYTE motherboards are High-Speed SATA Revision 3.0 compatible, delivering superfast 6Gbps link speeds for twice the data transfer rates of SATA Revision 2.0 (3 Gbps). Capable of regulating output over full voltage range and featuring 3x USB power boost, this motherboard also delivers greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices.
- On/Off Charge TechnologyGIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger.