Powered by Intel C606 chipset, the GIGABYTE GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI motherboard brings server-class performance and features to your desktop at PC budget. It accommodates Intel Core i7 and Xeon E5 processor in LGA 2011 package for up to 8-Core computing capability. You can take advantage of enterprise-level features such as Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and ECC DDR3 memory for blistering speed and rock solid stability. The industry-leading GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5 design promises unmatched quality and durability you can count on for years of hassle-free use. And complete with the GIGABYTE Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi Card and support for 3-way SLI/CrossFire X, the GIGABYTE GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI makes an ideal platform to build a workstation that caters for needs of prosumers and content creators, or set up a super gaming rig dreamt by gaming enthusiasts and DIY professionals.
- GIGABYTE 3D PowerGIGABYTE 3D Power is an all new hardware and software-based Digital Power Engine for both the PWM and Memory that delivers unprecedented power delivery control. Utilizing a brand new Digital PWM controller, GIGABYTE's 3D Power features precise Auto Voltage Compensation to deliver a steady flow of power to the CPU and memory no matter the loading. This all new, all digital power system provides enthusiast users with exceptional control over the overclocking potential. GIGABYTE is the first in the industry to utilize digital memory controllers for not only the Memory, but VTT and VSA, for real-time monitoring and adjusting. Digital memory control allows users to monitor and record DDR power and current in real-time while gaming, overclocking or at idle. Users can also set OVP (Over Voltage Protection) to safeguard your memory, adjust memory Load-line Calibration to fix memory vdrooping for a quicker response time and adjust memory PWM frequency on-the-fly.
- GIGABYTE 3D BIOSThe revolutionary GIGABYTE 3D BIOS application is based on the new GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS technology and is available to consumers in two new exclusive modes (3D Mode and Advanced Mode) of interaction never before seen in a BIOS environment. GIGABYTE has re-drawn the traditional BIOS experience providing mainstream and enthusiast users with a choice of unique and powerful graphical interfaces. At the heart of this exciting 3D BIOS technology is a pair of 8MB physical BIOS ROMs containing GIGABYTE's exclusive in-house designed UEFI BIOS technology. With a superior graphical interface capable of 32-bit color imaging and fluid user-friendly mouse navigation, UEFI DualBIOS makes BIOS configuration a new and exciting experience for novice and experienced users alike. UEFI BIOS also brings native support for large hard drives on 64-bit operating systems.
- GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5The GIGABYTE motherboard employ award winning GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5 technology that includes high current capable components for the CPU power zone including IR3550 PowIRstage ICs from International Rectifier, 2X Copper PCB and high current Ferrite Core Chokes rated up to 60A, which together are able to deliver up to 60°C cooler temperatures than traditional motherboards. Featured on a range of new motherboards based the Intel X79 and Z77 Express Chipsets, GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5 technology is the next evolution in quality motherboard design.
- Intel C606 ChipsetThe Intel C606 Chipset supports Intel Xeon E5 2600/1600 processors that brings the successful Sandy Bridge architecture to the Intel Xeon processor line-up in the form of Sandy Bridge EP. With up to 8 cores coupled with a larger 20MB L3 cache and clock speeds of up to 3.6GHz Intel Xeon processors offer unrivalled performance. This chipset also provides SAS support for up to eight SAS drives. Improved performance and long-term stability make SAS drives ideal for 24/7 intensive workstation and mission critical applications. The GIGABYTE motherboard also supports more robust and ultra reliable ECC (error-code correction) DDR3 non-buffered memory modules. Designed to detect and eliminate all single-bit data errors to ensure virtually zero data corruption.
- Exclusive Bluetooth 4.0/WiFi Expansion CardThe motherboard also includes an exclusive PCIe expansion card that offers support for the latest Bluetooth 4.0 and IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity. The Bluetooth 4.0 standard includes Smart Ready technology that is debuting on mobile devices including the Apple iPhone 4s. This means that transferring important content from your smart phone or tablet is easier and faster than ever.
- 3-way CrossFireX and 3-way SLI SupportThe GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WIFI is equipped to help extreme gamers see the enemy from distance, regardless of how bloody the battlefield, offering the utmost graphics flexibility and upgradeability with multiple GPU support, that includes three PCI Express slots for both AMD CrossFire X and Nvidia SLI technologies in 3-way discrete card configurations. The GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WIFI motherboard delivers maximum FPS, allowing gamers to see more clearly, aim faster, and move more quickly.