World-renown mainboard and graphics card manufacturer, MSI, has attracted the attention of major worldwide media and power users since the launch of its Xtreme Speed P55 mainboard series. Not only does this series boast a total feature set and specs, but the Xtreme Speed P55 features many MSI-exclusive performance enhancing designs. The series has received wide media acclaim for its outstanding overclocking capabilities, especially the P55 series’ flagship product, the P55-GD65.
Featuring DrMOS, SuperPipe and OC Genie, this mainboard's overclocking capabilities are truly amazing. The Taiwan overclocker, Coolaler, was able to overclock the Intel Core i7 860 CPU (2.8GHz)to 5.39 GHz with MSI’s P55-GD80 mainboard, breaking the world record and pushing the processor 92% past its set frequency. This performance surpasses the competition, and beautifully demonstrates MSI's P55 series overclocking prowess.
The MSI P55-GD65 owes much of its outstanding overclocking ability to its equipped MSI-exclusive technologies, such as the one second auto-overclocking feature OC Genie, the SuperPipe cooling system that effectively drops the operating temperature by 50°C, and 1>4 phase total DrMOS power supply design. Other features include the real-time overclocking function Direct OC, BIOS update and backup feature M-Flash, Power eSATA that acts as both a power source and an eSATA port, etc. These features coupled with the mainboard's spec set and performance make the MSI P55-GD65 the hottest P55 product around.
- Intel P55 Express Chipset for Intel LGA 1156 CPUBased on the Intel P55 Express chipset, the MSI P55-GD65 Intel motherboard supports Intel's latest LGA 1156 processors including the Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors.
- Superb Overclocking PerformanceThe MSI P55-GD65 Intel motherboard combines three unique technologies to provide superb overclocking performance: OC Genie – Auto OC to boost performance in 1 second; SuperPipe – advanced 8mm copper heatpipe for the most effective cooling; DrMOS –3-in-1 chip to provide a stable power supply and high overclocking capability.
- Scalable DDR3 MemoryFour 240-pin DIMM sockets support up to 16GB of unbuffered DDR3 memory at speeds of up to 2133MHz (through overclocking), ensuring ample capacity for any application.
- NVIDIA SLI & ATI CrossFire Multi-GPU Technology SupportWith the fabulous compatibility, the MSI P55-GD65 Intel motherboard supports NVIDIA SLI and ATI CrossFire Multi-GPU technologies, enabling two or more discrete graphics processors to work together for boosted system performance and breakthrough gaming experience.
- Dual Gigabit LANThe integrated dual Gigabit LAN design allows a PC to serve as a network gateway for managing traffic between two separate networks. Dual Gigabit LAN means rapid data transfers from WAN to LAN without any added arbitration or latency.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. The on-board seven SATA II ports support RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 for better performance, enhanced data security, and flexible capacity upgrades.