MSI’s X79A-GD65 (8D) is based on Intel's latest X79 chipset supporting the Core i7 processors in LGA2011 socket. The X79A-GD65 (8D) features 8 memory DIMMs that supports maximum memory capacity up to a staggering 128GB! For superior quality and stability, it adopts Military Class III components, such as DrMOS II - the next generation of DrMOS with improved double thermal protection. The X79A-GD65 (8D) also features the latest PCI Express Gen 3 bus and MSI's proprietary Click BIOS II for maximum performance and user convenience. When taking into account other advanced technologies such as OC Genie II, 3-Way NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX, THX TruStudio PRO sound, Multi-BIOS II and Super Charger, MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) is simply the best choice for enthusiasts!
- Military Class III and DrMOS IIMSI mainboards maintains the commitment to product stability and reliability by introducing Military Class III components! In addition to the use of Hi-c CAP, SFC, and Solid CAP, MSI now incorporates DrMOS II, the next-generation DrMOS that provides an integrated Double Thermal Protection to maximize the lifespan of components. All Military Class III components have passed MIL-STD-810G certification, making MSI's Military Class III components synonymous with premium quality and ultimate stability.
- Double the Bandwidth with PCI Express Gen 3MSI's X79 motherboards support the latest PCI Express Gen 3 standard to deliver a staggering 32GB/s of bandwidth, double that of the previous generation. PCI Express Gen 3 support can also be enabled or disabled through the BIOS interface to ensure compatibility with graphics cards regardless of whether users use a PCI Express Gen 3 graphics card!
- ClickBIOS IIMSI's Click BIOS II is the world's 1st to provide a unified graphical user interface under both UEFI & Windows. System settings can be adjusted using the mouse or even LCD touch control under different environments. Click BIOS II can not only save overclocking settings to a USB storage device but also upload them for sharing with other overclocking enthusiasts. This convenient and intuitive design is the result of continual technological breakthrough developed by MSI for its flagship motherboard line.
- Easiest One-second Overclocking Technology – OC Genie IIMSI's proprietary OC Genie II can achieve amazing performance increases in just one second. CPU and memory performance are optimized without compromising system stability, significantly saving the time required by overclockers for fine-tuning. Once the user enables OC Genie on MSI's X79 motherboards, the clock rate on the Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition processor pumped from a default of 3.3GHz to 4.0GHz. The 21% increase enables users to enjoy the performance boost from overclocking with ease.
- Multi-BIOS II for Safe and Convenient BIOS SwitchingMSI's X79 motherboards support the latest Multi-BIOS II technology. The integrated dual BIOS design improves safety and convenience by allowing enthusiasts to use a switch on the motherboard to manually switch between different BIOS setups when one is corrupted by overclocking or other factors.
- Multi-GPU Support with CrossFireX and SLIFlexible graphics capabilities supported for either CrossFireX or SLI deliver the ultimate in graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.