Unleash the raw power of Intel's all-new energy-efficient Core 2 processors with the ASUS P5B motherboard featuring the Intel P965 chipset with unprecedented support for up to 8 GB dual-channel DDR2 800/667/533 memory with Fast Memory Access technology to deliver unparalleled system performance. Part of the ASUS Ai Life series motherboards, the ASUS P5B provides 6 SATA connections, PCIe-based Gigabit LAN and onboard 8-channel HD Audio to satisfy your storage, networking and multimedia demands.
The P5B Deluxe is already tweaked rather aggressively by default, and it has proven to be a noticeably faster motherboard when compared to a very similar product from another manufacturer. Great features, great stability, a great bundle, and it's all backed by the ASUS name. With exclusive innovations including AI NOS, AI Gear and AI Nap, operating speeds can be adjusted on the fly for superior power efficiency and minimum noise or for no holds barred extreme performance!
- Intel P965+ICH8 ChipsetThe Intel P965 Express Chipset incorporates Intel Fast Memory Access technology to significantly increase overall system performance by optimizing available bandwidth and reduction of memory access latency. Up to dual-channel DDR2 800 memory is supported by the P965 chipset to provide 12.8 GB/s peak memory bandwidth for greater platform performance and memory flexibility. The ICH8 also features SATA 3Gb/s, High-Speed USB 2.0 and HD Audio support.
- Intel Core 2 Processor SupportThis motherboard supports the next-generation LGA 775 Intel Core 2 processors, including the Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme. With new Intel Core microarchitecture technology, the Intel Core 2 processors are considered some of the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world.
- Q-ConnectorThe ASUS Q-Connector allows single-step connection and disconnection of chassis front panel cables with one complete module. This unique adapter ensures quick and accurate connections without the trouble of plugging cables in separately.
- SATA on the GoThe P5B supports next-generation Serial ATA (SATA) 3Gb/s-based hard drives. The external SATA port located on the back I/O panel provides easy setup and hot-plug functions so you can backup photos, videos and other multimedia content on external devices with ease.
- Precision TweakerDesigned for serious overclockers Precision Tweaker offers a powerful arsenal of overclocking options to help you achieve maximum system performance!
- PEG LinkThe PEG (PCI-Express Graphics) Link enables GPU and VGA memory throughput boosts via the motherboard BIOS. Delicate fine-tuning of PCI-Express card parameters has allowed ASUS to achieve enhanced system stability during high-speed graphics operation.