The Asus P5B-VM motherboard includes an integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 video chipset, offering a dynamic solution for today's video needs. It's based on the Intel G965 chipset and supports virtually all of Intel's (Socket T) Dual Core processors. Should the system hang up due to overclocking failure, the Asus C.P.R. overclocking protection tool lets you amend system settings from the BIOS and eliminates the need for manual clearance of CMOS data.
The Asus Quiet Thermal Solution (AI Gear, AI Nap, and ASUS Advanced Q-Fan ) improves cooling across the board(s), keeping your system cool in the hottest action. The CrashFree BIOS 3 lets you restore corrupted BIOS data from a USB flash disk and eliminates needing a replacement BIOS chip. Additionally, the EZ Flash 2 allows you to update the BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS.
Thanks to 8GB of room for its DDR2 800 dual channel memory, the PCI-E X16 graphic card slot, three expansion slots (1 x PCI-E X4 + 2 x PCI), and seven ATA connectors (6 x SATA + 1 x PATA), it is an excellent option for a budget system that won't act like one!
- Intel G965 + ICH8 ChipsetThe Intel G965 Chipset with the integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 engine incorporates Intel Clear Video Technology for breakthrough increases in 3D, 2D and video capabilities. Up to dual-channel DDR2 800 memory is supported to provide up to 12.8 GB/s peak memory bandwidth for greater platform performance and memory flexibility. The ICH8 also features SATA 3Gb/s, High-Speed USB 2.0 and HD Audio support.
- Intel Core 2 Processor SupportThis motherboard supports the next-generation LGA 775 Intel Core 2 processors including the Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad and Core 2 Extreme. With Intel’s brand-new Core microarchitecture, the Intel Core 2 processors are considered some of the most powerful and energy-efficient CPUs in the world.
- ASUS Advanced Q-FanPowered by Intel Quiet System Technology, the ASUS Advanced Q-Fan technology stabilizes system temperature with smoother and quieter fan control.
- Q-ConnectorThe ASUS Q-Connector allows single-step connection and disconnection of chassis front panel cables with one complete module. This unique adapter ensures quick and accurate connections without the trouble of plugging cables in separately.
- SATA on the GoThe P5B-E supports next-generation Serial ATA (SATA) 3Gb/s-based hard drives. The external SATA port located on the back I/O panel provides easy setup and hot-plug functions so you can backup photos, videos and other multimedia content on external devices with ease.
- Noise FilterThe Noise Filter feature eliminates repetitive and stationary noises caused by computer fans and air conditioners as well as other background noises for crystal-clear audio quality.