Armed with an array of impressive features, the ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard will gratify even the most intense overclockers. With smart tools like AI NOS, AI Overclocking, ASUS PEG Link, and ASUS AI Booster, it's easy to tinker with. The Precision Tweaker offers accurate voltage control for your CPU (vCore) and Memory (vDIMM).
The incorporated SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection) provides easy adjustments of the CPU FSB, memory clock speed, and the PCI-E frequency and allows you to squeeze the maximum possible performance from the system. The P5B Deluxe ASUS C.P.R. overclocking protection tool is a life-saver in situations wherein you go ballistic. The ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution (8-Phase Power Design, Stack Cool 2, Heat Pipe Design) provides silent, effective cooling and improves system interoperability.
It's based on the Intel P965 chipset and supports all of Intel's Dual Core processors (Socket T). Courtesy its DDR2 800 dual channel memory system architecture (8 GB max capacity), dual PCI-E X16 graphic card slots, four expansion slots (1 x PCI-E X1 + 3 x PCI), and nine ATA connectors (8 x SATA + 1 x PATA), it is an ideal base for a high-end dual-GPU gaming rig.
- Intel P965+ICH8R ChipsetThe Intel P965 Express Chipset incorporates Intel Fast Memory Access technology to significantly increase overall system performance by optimizing available bandwidth and reduction of memory access latency. Up to dual-channel DDR2 800 memory is supported by the P965 chipset to provide up to 12.8 GB/s peak memory bandwidth for greater platform performance and memory flexibility. The ICH8R also features SATA 3Gb/s with Intel Matrix Storage Technology support, High-Speed USB 2.0 and HD Audio support.
- Intel Core 2 Processor SupportThis motherboard supports the next-generation LGA 775 Intel Core 2 processors including the Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad and Core 2 Extreme. With Intel's brand-new Core microarchitecture, the Intel Core 2 processors are considered as some of the most powerful and energy-efficient CPUs in the world.
- ATI CrossFire Multi-GPU Technology SupportThe ASUS P5B Deluxe incorporates support for ATI CrossFire technology – its dual PCI Express x16 slots can be configured to x16 + x4 mode for ATI CrossFire mode, with simple paddle-less mode switching.
- 8 Phase Power DesignThe ASUS 8-Phase Power Design protects the CPU and power module from the risk of excessively high power stress to greatly extend CPU lifetime and system stability. The highly-efficient design also generates less heat to ensure low ambient temperatures, while the vigorous power pump delivers serious overclocking potential.
- Fanless Design for Ultra-Quiet OperationThe ASUS fanless motherboard concept was created specifically for cool running computing environments without the possibility of fan noise or malfunction. To address thermal issues across the motherboard, ASUS utilizes tailor-made heat pipes and heat sinks to maximize heat dissipation and thermal performance.
- Q-ConnectorThe ASUS Q-Connector allows single-step connection and disconnection of chassis front panel cables with one complete module. This unique adapter ensures quick and accurate connections without the trouble of plugging cables in separately.