The ASUS P5L-VM is one of the best all-in-one solutions for an Intel945G-based system. This Micro ATX motherboard is ready for Intel's Dual Core 1066 MHz FSB processors. Its 4GB max capacity for Dual channel DDR2 667 memory give you improved gaming performance and reduced loading times. The CrashFree BIOS 2 feature includes a simplified BIOS auto-recovery function in a support CD, which can be used to reboot the system in the absence of a bootable disk. Additionally, the EZ Flash 2 lets you update BIOS from a USB flash drive without entering the OS.
The on-board Realtek ALC883 HD-audio Codec delivers clear and precise 6-channel sound, and the on-board Attansic PCIe Gigabit LAN Controller ensures steady and reliable connectivity. The on-board PCI-E X16 slot adds room for a PCI-E graphic card to your system. The three expansion slots (1 x PCI-E X1 + 2 x PCI) and five ATA connectors (4 x SATA + 1 x PATA) ensure that this micro-board packs a mega punch.
- Intel 945G+ICH7 ChipsetThe Intel 945G Express Chipset with integrated Intel GMA 950 graphics core delivers outstanding system performance through high-bandwidth components such as dual-channel DDR2 memory, 1066/800 MHz system bus, and a PCI Express x16 graphics port. In addition, the ICH7 provides PCI Express I/O ports, next generation Serial ATA and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity for the ultimate flexibility and expandability.
- Intel Core 2 Processor SupportThis motherboard supports the next-generation LGA 775 Intel Core 2 processors, including the Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme. With brand-new Intel Core microarchitecture, the Intel Core 2 processors are considered as some of the most powerful and energy-efficient CPUs in the world.
- Integrated Intel GMA 950 Graphics CoreThe Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (GMA 950) graphics core is an intelligent and responsive graphics engine built into the chipset that is on the motherboard. This integration provides incredible visual quality, faster graphics performance and flexible display options without the need for a separate graphics card.
- PCI Express x16 Graphics InterfaceThe latest PCI Express x16 graphics interface delivers over 3.5 times the bandwidth of AGP 8X to support the latest high-performance graphics cards.
- Serial ATA 3Gb/s ConnectionsThe revolutionary Serial ATA interface provides scalable performance for storage devices. SATA technology enables easy-to-install, high-performance and low-power hard drives.
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 2The ASUS CrashFree BIOS 2 quickly recovers the motherboard BIOS through a support CD which contains a BIOS auto-recovery function when the bootable disk is not available.