Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
ASUS Striker Extreme LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX The Ultimate Gaming Motherboard
OUT OF STOCK.
- NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI
- Core 2 Quad / Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo
- DDR2 800
ASUS presents a peak gaming platform with the NVIDIA 680i based Striker Extreme. Intel’s Socket T will support LGA775 based processors including the new Quad-core, and the DIMM slots will support up to 8GB of DDR2-800 memory for maximum gaming power. The 3, yes THREE, PCI-E x16 slots will support 2 GPU cards at x16 and a physics card at x8 speeds. There is one ATA133 header and ,6 SATAII headers for drive connectivity. Four back panel and 6 internal headers give you up to 10 USB 2.0 ports and there are up to 2 FireWire ports (1 back panel and 1 header). Two gigabit LAN connectors provide maximum network access. Two eSATA ports give you high speed access to your external data storage devices.
The SupremeFX audio system is an 8 channel setup that has jack sensing for 2, 4, 6 or 8 channel speaker systems. Also included is the DTS Connect feature which converts your stereo or multi-channel audio into a DTS audio signal and sends it out to any DTS enabled system and can also convert your standard stereo audio into a multi-channel experience through the computer’s speaker system.
In order to get you up and gaming faster ASUS built a number of handy features into the board such as EL I/O which lights up your back panel connections, on-board LEDs to help you setup without using a flashlight, an LCD Poster to let you know of any errors during post and an on-board switch to make overclocking and other system adjustments easier.
- NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ChipsetsThe enthusiast-oriented NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI chipsets deliver outstanding gaming experiences with two SLI-based full-bandwidth PCI Express x16 links and NVIDIA LinkBoost technology automatically delivering additional GPU and MCP bandwidth for unrestricted graphics performance. Take advantage of NVIDIA FirstPacket technology to prioritize your gaming traffic for reduced ping times! Other advanced features include SATA 3Gb/s RAID, dual Gigabit LAN and High Definition Audio.
- Intel Core 2 Processor SupportThis motherboard supports next-generation LGA 775 Intel Core 2 processors including the Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad and Core 2 Extreme. With Intel’s brand-new Core microarchitecture, the Intel Core 2 processors are considered some of the most powerful and energy-efficient CPUs in the world.
- 8 Phase Power DesignThe ASUS 8-Phase Power Design protects the CPU and power module from the risk of excessively high power stress to greatly extend CPU lifetime and system stability. The highly-efficient design also generates less heat to ensure low ambient temperatures, while the vigorous power pump delivers serious overclocking potential.
- LCD Notice BoardThe LCD Notice Board automatically detects device failures and posts physical system errors during POST (Power-on Self-Test) when system malfunctions occur.
- Onboard LEDsThe on-board LEDs illuminate brilliantly for eye-catching fun.
- Onboard SwitchWith onboard switches, power on or reset the system without installing the motherboard into the case, shorting the pins or moving jumpers for fast bench testing.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 1 year
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 1 year
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: Non-refundable
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Replacement Only Return Policy