ASUS P8Z68-V PRO, your dream motherboard, offers you a great platform to build your power house with the second generation Intel Core CPUs and releases the full potential of your system. It utilizes the new generation Dual Intelligent Processors 2 - EPU (Energy Processing Unit) and TPU (TurboV Processing Unit), coupled with DIGI+ VRM, to precisely, dynamically and intelligently adjust power supply to achieve optimized performance, extreme system stability and greater power efficiency. The brand new Smart Response technology speeds up data loading by caching your frequently accessed data using an installed SSD, bringing your SSD-like performance and huge capacity of HDD at an affordable price point. The LucidLogix Virtu technology offers you flexibility to switch between IGP and discrete graphics card based on load level, helping achieve a perfect balance between power consumption and noise level.
An array of latest, nice features is included to help you make the most and best out of your system, including EFI BIOS for easy, user-friendly setup, GPU boost function that levels up integrated GPU performance, USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps for lightning fast data transfer, Bluetooth technology for enhanced connectivity, Intel Gigabit LAN and AI Suite II for one-stop access to innovative ASUS features. Best of all, the Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX support multiplies graphics performance to deliver the best possible game experience for hardcore gamers.
- DIGI+ VRMASUS DIGI+ VRM is an innovative, industry-leading technology that fully integrates Intel VRD12 specifications on a native level, greatly enhancing power to go far beyond the limits of analog designs. ASUS DIGI+ VRM acts as a digital controller to perfectly match digital power signal (SVID) requests from the CPU, eliminating digital-to-analog conversion lag. The exclusive dual driver and MOS design doubles the heat dissipation area with expanded cooling surfaces for improved thermal performance. Spacing components out over a wider area speeds up cooling to enhance reliability and stability. The same exclusive dual driver and MOS design also provides twice the CPU power supply with two complete power stages. This results in far greater phase load tolerances, so the CPU never has to wait for power to arrive, increasing performance and overclocking potential.
- TPU & EPUThe TPU chip offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring through Auto Tuning and TurboV functions. Auto Tuning offers a user friendly way to automatically optimize the system for fast, yet stable clock speeds, while TurboV enables unlimited freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimized performance in diverse situations. The EPU chip provides a real-time, dynamic power saving by automatically detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderating power consumption. This also reduces fan noise and extends component longevity!
- Intel Smart Response TechnologyFaster Access, Bigger Storage Intel Smart Response Technology boosts overall system performance. It uses an installed fast SSD (min 18.6GB available) as a cache for frequently accessed operations, speeding up hard drive/main memory interaction. Key benefits are expedited hard drive speeds, reduced load and wait times and maximized storage utilization. Power consumption also goes down by reducing unnecessary hard drive spin, an important part of Green ASUS eco-friendly computing.
- LucidLogix VirtuLucidLogix Virtu is designed for the Intel Sandy Bridge platform's powerful integrated graphics. Its GPU virtualization dynamically assigns tasks to the best available graphics resources based on power, performance and system load on Windows 7 based PCs. It allows users to fully utilize the unique capabilities of advanced Sandy Bridge multimedia features alongside the high end 3D rendering performance provided by installed graphics cards. When no discrete graphics are needed, the graphics card is put in idle mode to lower utilization, heat, fan speed and power draw down to near zero, making the system more environmentally-friendly. For users with diverse needs, LucidLogix Virtu GPU virtualization provides great flexibility and efficiency.
- UEFI BIOSASUS UEFI BIOS offers a user-friendly interface that goes beyond traditional keyboard-only BIOS controls to enable more flexible and convenient mouse input. Users can easily navigate the UEFI BIOS with the smoothness of their operating system. Quick and simple overclocking and setup sharing is facilitated by the F12 hotkey BIOS snapshot feature. The exclusive EZ Mode displays frequently-accessed setup info, while the Advanced Mode is for experienced performance enthusiasts that demand far more intricate system control, including detailed DRAM information. ASUS UEFI BIOS natively supports hard drives larger than 2.2TB in 64-bit, with full storage space utilization helping deliver far more exciting computing than traditional BIOS versions.
- Extra USB 3.0 & SATA IIIThe Asus P8Z68-V PRO is equipped with two rear USB 3.0 ports and supports two front panel USB 3.0 port for lightning fast data transfer speed of 5Gbps - up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. The SATA 6Gbps support enables blistering fast data transfer of twice the speed of SATA revision II to reduce the system bottleneck and radically improve overall performance.