From one of the premiere nVIDIA card manufacturers comes a motherboard based on nVIDIA technology. The board is based on the nForce 790i SLI MCP and supports Intel processors up to the Core 2 Quad and Core 2 Extreme at FSB speeds up to 1600MHz. You can install up to 8GB of DDR3 2000 memory.
There are 3 PCIe x16 slots supporting 3-way SLI video. There is no downgrade of slot speed with this board, the 790i supports full x16 bandwidth across all three slots to take full advantage of your video cards. The board also supports Quad-SLI using 2 dual-GPU graphics cards.
Included in the 790i MCP is native support for Gigabit Ethernet and RAID. Having these technologies native increases throughput by eliminating any bottlenecks on the motherboard. The Dual Gigabit ports support DualNet technology for a fast 2GB network connection. RAID levels 0, 1, 0+1, and 5 are supported and can be changed on the fly with MediaShield.
- NVIDIA nForce 790i SLI MCP for Intel ProcessorsBased on the NVIDIA nForce 790i SLI chipset, the EVGA 132-YW-E179-A1 supports Intel LGA 775 (Socket T) processors including the Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo and Pentium D series as well as the next generation Intel 45nm processors.
- NVIDIA 3-way SLI TechnologyNVIDIA 3-way SLI (Scalable Link Interface) Technology allows up to three graphics cards to run in parallel for as much as 2.8X the performance of a single card configuration, taking your gaming experience to the next level with mind-blowing frame rates and resolutions.
- DDR3 Memory SupportThe EVGA 132-YW-E179-A1 features four DDR3 DIMM slots to support up to 8GB of DDR3 2000MHz memory for extreme overclocking performance.
- NVIDIA MediaShield TechnologyThe MediaShield Storage supports both SATA and RAID. The revolutionary Serial ATA interface provides scalable performance for storage devices. SATA technology enables easy-to-install, high-performance and low-power hard drives. Nine 3Gb/s SATA ports support RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5 and JBOD for better performance and data security.
- Dual Gigabit LANThe integrated dual Gigabit LAN design allows a PC to serve as a network gateway for managing traffic between two separate networks. Dual Gigabit LAN means rapid data transfers from WAN to LAN without any added arbitration or latency.
- IEEE 1394a SupportIEEE 1394 is a widely used standard of interface between personal computers and digital AV equipment. With IEEE 1394a you can easily connect digital devices such as a digital camcorder to the IEEE 1394a port provided on this motherboard for up to 400Mbps data transfer speeds.