The streamlined StreetPilot C530 comes loaded with features. The anti-glare TFT touch-screen LCD display is 2.8”W x 2.1”H, and displays 320 x 240 pixel resolution. A new high-sensitivity WAAS-capable GPS receiver by SiRF provides faster acquisition times and maintains signal under heavy foliage and near city skyscrapers. The c530 comes preloaded with City Navigator North America NT, which gives detailed mapping of the entire United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and nearly 6 million points of interest. Includes automatic routing, 2D or 3D map perspective, and turn-by-turn voice directions, making navigation easy. It also accepts customized points of interest (POI) such as school zones and safety cameras. Add your own POI by downloading CSV files using the USB port.
Select a fun, customized car-shaped icon to show your position on the map. Garmin Lock prevents the unit from functioning until user-defined four-digit PIN is entered. Should you forget your code, take unit to location defined as "Home," and it will unlock. SD expansion slot.
Monitor traffic tie-ups with optional FM TMC traffic receiver. Notifies you of accidents, road construction, and weather-related traffic delays. Simply touch the screen icon to re-route around the problem. Optional software available on plug-in SD cards, lets you add new features such as Travel Guide and SaversGuide to your c530 without connecting to your computer. Garmin Travel Guide™ gives you helpful and thorough reviews and recommendations for restaurants, hotels, shopping, nightlife, sporting events and tourist attractions. Travel Guide for Europe is also now available. Travel Guide for United States coming soon. SaversGuide® is a geo-coded" coupon book that notifies you of nearby discounts on restaurants, hotels, shopping, and more at thousands of participating Entertainment® businesses throughout North America.
- QVGA Touch-screen DisplayThe 2.8-inch automotive-grade, sunlight-readable, anti-glare QVGA touch-screen display provides comfortable screen viewing perfect for the outdoors.
- Navigate With Easehe StreetPilot c530 features preloaded City Navigator NT street maps and a hefty points-of-interest (POIs) database including motels, restaurants, fuel stations, ATMs and more. Simply touch the super-bright sunlight-readable color screen to enter a destination and the c530 takes you there with 2D or 3D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions. The c530 also comes with custom points of interest (POIs) such as school zones and safety cameras with proximity alerts of upcoming POIs.
- Added Traffic AlertsWith the addition of an FM TMC traffic receiver and traffic services, the c530 notifies you of accidents or road construction ahead on your route. Simply touch the screen to view traffic details or recalculate your route to avoid traffic jams.
- WAAS EnabledWAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System), a system of satellites and ground stations, provides GPS signal corrections. WAAS-enabled GPS systems provide better position accuracy.
- Ultra-sensitive SiRFstarIII GPS receiverEquipped with the SiRFstarIII GPS microcontroller chip, the GARMIN C530 works at ultra-high sensitivity for quicker and more accurate location calculation regardless of the environment.
- USB Port and SD Card ExpandabilityAdd maps, street routing, software and media files onto the SD card. With the USB port, downloading data from your PC is a snap.