Experience enterprise-class performance in your personal PC with the Patriot Wildfire series SSD powered by the latest SandForce SF-2200 processor. The Patriot Wildfire series shatters performance expectations with insanely-fast 500MB/s plus read and write speeds for ultra-quick responsiveness and instantaneous access to all your files and data. A SATA III 6.0 Gb/s connection interface enables the Patriot Wildfire series to achieve maximum performance without any bottlenecks while maintaining backwards compatibility with existing SATA II 3.0 Gb/s and SATA I 1.5 Gb/s interfaces. The versatile 2.5-inch form factor enables the Patriot Wildfire series to easily upgrade any desktop or notebook systems. An included 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch mounting bracket ensures desktop users can quickly slip a Patriot Wildfire series into your system for added installation flexibility.
- TRIM SUPPORTThe Wildfire Series SSDs offer native TRIM support featured in the latest versions of Windows. It is specifically designed to maintain the performance of the SSD over the lifetime of the drive. The TRIM feature functions by actively deleting invalid data from the SSD’s memory cells to ensure that write operations perform at full speed. Since a memory block must be erased before it can be re-programmed, TRIM improves performance by pro-actively erasing pages containing invalid data, allowing the SSD to write new data without first having to perform a time-consuming erase command.
- GARBAGE COLLECTIONThis feature eliminates the need to perform erasure of the whole block prior to every write. The Garbage Collection process accumulates data marked for erase as "Garbage" and perform whole block erase as space reclamation in order to reuse the block. Essentially, Garbage Collection will defragment itself when it’s idle to maintain maximum life of the drive.
- SANDFORCE DRIVENDriven by the second generation of SandForce SSD controller (SF-2281), the Wildfire Series is designed and built to unleash the full potential of the 6Gbps SATA III interface. The Wildfire pushes the limits in both sequential and random data transfer rates, significantly improving your productivity, gaming, multimedia, and overall computing experience.
- ECC (ERROR CORRECTION CODE)Utilizing ECC paired with RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements), the Wildfire delivers an orders-of-magnitude improvement in drive reliability versus today’s best enterprise HDDs and SSDs. The result is single-drive RAID-like protection and recovery from potentially catastrophic flash block failures – all while avoiding the inefficiencies of traditional RAID.
- MAXIMUM IOPSThe Wildfire drive delivers the maximum IOPS at 85,000 (4K random write) in the Patriot Memory SATA III lineup.
- MAXIMUM PERFORMANCEWith enterprise-class performance, the Wildfire breaks ground with 555MB/s Read and 520MB/s write speeds. It’s ready to take on the most intense multimedia applications.