- + FREE SHIPPING
Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Pioneer Internal Blu-ray Burner, Black, Supports BDXL media, SATA - BDR-2209
- Retail package Model BDR-2209
- Inside Drive Model BDR-209UBK
- 16X Blu-ray Burner
- CyberLink Media Suite 10 Software including
The Pioneer BDR-2209 Internal SATA Blu-ray Burner provides a fast, easy and reliable way for multimedia data storage and sharing. It supports a wide range of disc formats – from standard CD, DVD and BD to the latest BDXL media1 (including 128GB Quad Layer and 100GB Triple Layer Blu-ray Disc). The super-fast burning speeds dramatically reduce the time it takes to backup your personal files or create your DVD videos.
PowerRead 2 provides smoother movie playback when a disc has fingerprints or minor surface scratches, while PureRead2 3 automatically adjusts drive parameters to minimize sound glitches during music playback. QuickPlay reduces the time between inserting a disc and that disc being ready. Auto Quiet mode intelligently adjusts the disc rotation speed to reduce noise while watching movies or listening to music.
Need software to tackle all your playback, editing, authoring and burning needs? The BDR-2209 is bundled with CyberLink Media Suite 10 4 , which includes PowerDVD 10, PowerDirector 10, and Power2Go 7.
The BDR-2209 Blu-ray burner comes support for triple layer (TL) and quad layer (QL) BDXL media1 which delivers more data storage capacity than Dual Layer Blu-ray discs. With support for BDXL media, you can now back up your files with fewer discs than ever before.
The BDR-2209 Blu-ray burner supports up to 16x5 writing on BD-R single-layer discs, 14x on BD-R DL discs, and 8x writing on BD-R triple-layer discs. It’s an ideal choice for those users who are looking for the fastest Blu-ray burner currently in the market.
With QuickPlay, the amount of time between inserting a ROM disc, and that disc being ready, has been reduced. For movies on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, the disc is ready faster when compared to previous Pioneer drives.
Scratches, fingerprints and other abnormalities on the surface of a disc can sometimes cause Blu-ray and DVD movie playback to stop. When a PowerRead enabled drive is not able to read through obstructed areas of a disc, it will attempt to move forward quickly to the next available data point, resulting in smoother Blu-ray and DVD movie playback2.
Pioneer drives with Auto Quiet mode, monitor how they are being used and adjust their speed automatically – high speed for data transfer, and low speed for music or movie playback.
Scratches and fingerprints on your CDs can cause them to skip. A drive normally makes a calculated guess at the unreadable data and attempts to correct this to match the original music. However this is not 100% accurate. PureRead, when enabled, makes the drive reread the obscured data to extract the original music as accurately as possible3.
Pioneer strives to have best-in-class performance over a wide range of media – Pioneer drives achieve this for a large variety of BD and DVD media. Refer to the drive’s media support list for all supported media and the write speed that can be achieved.
- PowerDVD 10 delivers award-winning playback quality for Blu-ray and DVD movies on a PC and upscales standard-definition content to look better on HD displays.
- PowerDirector 10 allows you to import your home movies, edit them, and then author them to Blu-ray Disc or DVD, or upload them to social media sites.
- Power2Go 7 lets you store or share valuable personal files on a secure and portable disc.
- Triple and quad layer BDXL discs can only be used in BDXL drives.
- PowerRead is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or under all PC environments.
- PureRead2 is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or under all PC environments.
- Support for Windows 8.
- 15x BD-R write speed achieved using certain media. Refer to the media support list.
Auto Quiet mode and PureRead can be configured as well as enabled and disabled with the Pioneer BDR-2208 Drive Utility. The utility is provided on the CyberLink software disc, but is not automatically installed with the CyberLink software.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 1 year
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 1 year
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Bailink Dream Return Policy