The Plugable USB-C Docking Station with Power Delivery (UD-CA1A) increases the functionality, usability, and flexibility of supported USB-C systems like the Dell XPS 13 and XPS 15.
The HDMI and charging functions of the UD-CA1A are powered by one of USB 3.1's most exciting new features: support for "Alternate Modes" and Power Delivery. Alternate Modes allow certain non-USB data and protocols (such as native video) to be sent over a USB-C cable, while Power Delivery enables you to power and charge a supported system without the need for the laptop's proprietary charger. Support for these features must also be built-in to the system being used, so please see the important additional compatibility details in the sections below.
Power up your productivity with the ability to add an external HDMI display while simultaneously providing up to 60W of power to charge your system and expanding your connectivity with Gigabit Ethernet, audio input/output, and five USB ports to connect your peripherals. All through a single USB-C cable.
USB 3.1 Type-C Compatibility
Many current USB-C systems which do support Alt Mode video output do not support charging via USB-C. Systems such as this will output video from the dock, but will still need their proprietary OEM chargers. For example, some systems will display a warning during boot if connected to a 85W power adapter rather than a 130W power adapter. These systems may still charge, but at a slower rate.
- Thunderbolt 3 ports generally support Alt Mode video output, but Power Delivery/charging is system-specific
- ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do not support Alt Mode and are not supported
Please refer to your user manual or system manufacturer to verify that the USB-C port supports video data and charging.
The UD-CA1A powers up your productivity with the following features:
- Drive a single HDMI display output as a maximum resolution of 4K 30Hz (2560x1600 and lower @ 60Hz) on compatible* USB-C Alt Mode systems
- Keep your compatible* USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 system host system charged with 60W of power
- Enjoy a variety of USB connectivity with five total USB ports
- Stay connected with a wired Gigabit Ethernet port
- Make use of your headphones or microphone with audio input and output ports
- Flexible for your work space with included stand to use the dock in a vertical orientation
- 1x UD-CA1A Docking Station
- 1x USB-C to USB-C cable (1m)
- 1x Power Supply (80W, 20V 4A)
- 1x Optional Vertical Stand
- 1x Quick Start Guide