Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - I have been a big fan of Western Digital's Hard Disk Drives for years, and products like the WD My Passport Ultra Metal Edition - 4TB are exactly why.
-This is a beautifully crafted external with a silver metallic finish
- It is no larger than the 2-3TB (last generation) My Passport Ultra.
- Blazing fast performance thanks to USB 3.0, although like any external it is limited by the slower HD inside of it
- I can finally keep ALL of my Music (70GB - 7,594 songs), Photos (23 GB - 22,400 pictures), Application installers, Documents, Drivers and video game mods (71GB) and Videos (2,150 GB - 160 movies and 1,000 TV show episodes ) on one HD
Cons: - None
Other Thoughts: - I have a 500GB WD MyBook from 2009 and a 2TB WD My Passport Ultra (black) from 2012. Both are still going strong! Thanks to the reliability of Western Digital products I now have triple redundancy of my post important file back-ups.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Max Factory Nisekoi: Chitoge Kirisaki PVC Figure (1:7 Scale)
Pros: - This is my first Max Factory figure and you really cannot beat the detail.
- As always, a 100% PVC figure by a quality brand is a thousand times nicer than the cheaper figures.
- They did a really good job with having the hair end in a blonde to pink gradient.
- I promptly received my item (I didn't get a notice so I'm not sure when it was delivered, but it took less than 25 days) from the third party seller J-Subculture, the figure was brand new and sealed in box.
Cons: - None
- You can find better prices via the third party sellers on a certain major online retailer (at least currently)
Other Thoughts: - The skirt can be removed, if you're into a different look for her.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7TE1T0BW
Pros: Prior to installing this, my PC was already fast. Asus Z87 Pro with EFI, Intel i4770k, 16GB RAM, AMD 950 3GB, WD 10,000 RPM HD and Windows 7.
I knew that I wanted to buy a 1TB SSD because with SSDs you lose so much space between having the drive formatted and over-provisioning.
The included Samsung Magician software does a great job of over-provisioning, but it takes your 932GB drive (or something like that) and leaves it with 838GB worth of free space. This is why a 512GB SSD is too small as a primary drive imo, because you are going to be left with <400GB of usable space.
Anyway, this SSD made my PC FAST! Following a fresh format, it can bootup to log in screen in 10-11 seconds. Log into desktop 1-2 seconds.
BF4 load times were cut from 1 minute-1 min 40 seconds to 45 seconds or less. New games like Skyrim load exceptionally fast, but old games like Oblivion, SW: KotOR II and Sim City 4 are where the speed really shines.
Loading in old games is literally close to instant. Having an SSD large enough to have all of your games installed on is awesome. ESO is the only game that still takes forever to load, the rest are crazy quick.
Applications like Photoshop are also incredibly quick now. Like others have said, basically everything is quick.
Cons: When I read all the reviews of SSDs on newegg, I had actually set my expectations for speed too high. Coming from a 10,000 RPM drive, it is a HUGE improvement.
But it wasn't as huge as what I had built up in my head after reading all these reviews.
Other Thoughts: Now that I have a 1 TB main drive for Windows and 2TB external for storage, I get to use my old 500GB 10,000 RPM drive for Linux.
Linux on this PC even on 10,000 RPM drive is insanely fast. I cannot imagine linux on the SSD.
But who wants to put linux on their fancy SSD? :P
* I was very pleased with the included Samsung Magician software. I am the type of person who would never clone a drive, and would always prefer a back up + fresh format & install. Samsung basically provided two separate software programs for each task, so I didn't have to install the drive cloning software.