Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Corsair Gaming HARPOON RGB Gaming Mouse, Backlit RGB LED, 6000 dpi, Optical
Pros: Works right out of the box, no problem . Even the side buttons would allow you to move forward or back in your browser pages.
Well built. The wheel is flat with a textured edge to prevent slipping. Nice touch. The Teflon pads on the bottom work very well to eliminate drag.
Worked on a variety of surfaces without even a stutter, even the palm of my hand.
It works as advertised,
Cons: The only objective con would be the apparent small glitch in the corsair utility engine (cue) application. No software came with the mouse, You are directed to download it. After installing and running it, it displays a message that an update was available. Since I had just downloaded the software from the Corsair site, it seemed a bit strange. A button on the CUE utility said ‘search for updates’. All it did was generate an error message. I checked to version number on CUE. I already had the latest version. This kind of error doesn’t give me a lot of confidence in the application. However, everything else seemed to work fine, so far.
Other Thoughts: This is an entry level mouse. It is smaller than any other gaming mouse that I have used. It apparently was designed for a smaller hand. It is not weighted and is very light. This is not a negative, some folks may prefer a light weight mouse. The Corsair logo on the back of the mouse changes color You’re not going to be seeing it much since your hand will be covering the logo.
I like this mouse. While not for the serious gamer, it is a nice upgrade from your standard fare for any use. I like it for photo editing, on a large screen monitor. The precision of the cursor placement and the ability to quickly change the dpi are very nice.
The cord could be a bit more flexible, but, I would recommend this mouse. It is definitely good bang for the buck!
Pros: * The FireCuda is a very nice well built hybrid SSHD with a 5400 rpm 1 terabyte drive and 8GB of NAND, non volatile memory which provides a buffer for the HD to increase performance. It works very well
* Very quiet, with low vibration. I installed the drive in a desktop first and left the case open. The drive was so quiet I was concerned that it was not working. I felt for vibrations, none were noticeable. I wasn’t sure it was working until it showed up in Device Manager for formatting. Impressive.
* 5 year warranty, Nice!
* Low power requirements means low heat.
* Good price for this type of drive. It’s only slightly higher than a regular 2.5” hard drive.
* The slim, 7mm thick drive should fit in any laptop or console as a replacement.
* The faster boot times sure are nice! A lot of bang for the buck!
Cons: There is nothing to complain about with this drive, There are faster and larger drives available, but not at this price.
Other Thoughts: How much a hybrid drive will benefit you will depend on what else is in your computer and how you use your computer. While boot times were noticeably improved ,copying large files to and from the drive were on par with any other non hybrid HD, as one would expect. The 8gig buffer will store the most commonly used files, usually the system, so they can be accessed faster, rather than having to retrieve data from the hard drive. When playing games or editing photos etc. or using any other software that frequently accesses the hard drive, this drive can be a definite advantage.
The FireCuda costs just a bit more than a non hybrid drive of the same size, but it is certainly worth it. Since this hybrid drive can give you a similar experience as a SSD,for some things, at less than one fourth the price, it is a no brainer, If you need a new laptop drive, I can certainly recommend this one!
This review is from: LG 34UC79G-B 34" 21:9 UltraWide IPS Curved Gaming Monitor 2560 x 1080 (2K) Resolution, AMD FreeSync, 144Hz Refresh Rate, Dynamic Action Sync & Black Stabilize, DisplayPort/HDMI/USB 3.0
Pros: * It is what LG says it is, an excellent Gaming monitor!!! If you are reading this, you probably have read about the features on this monitor. Well, it is all true. It is impressive
* 144mhz frequency with 5ms fast response means smooth gaming, no refresh rate problem or any other problem.
* custom features galore let’s you customize the monitor for your taste, not only with games, but with other applications as well.
* Excellent color : One of my hobbies is Photography. This is also a very nice monitor for photo processing.
* USB 3.0 ports are a nice addition, particularly the fast charging ability.
* The tilt and height are easily adjustable by simply pushing and hold the position you leave it in. The stand is very stable. The monitor will move slightly if bumped, but is not likely to tip over.
* The split screen function allows for multiple screens in different sizes .
Cons: I’m still looking for Cons. Haven’t found any yet. Just to be picky, I will say the joystick control on the bottom of the monitor takes some getting used to.
Other Thoughts: In order to use FreeSync, you must have a Freesync compatible graphics card. Most of the latest cards from AMD are Freesync compatible. Check their website to be sure.. My card A R9 270x is not Freesync compatible, but it refreshes fast enough that I’m not sure that it is needed. I have had none of the problems that Freesync is designed to correct. If gaming is your primary reason for looking at this monitor, look no further, get it.
We have used this monitor for every thing that one can think of for well over a week, It has been on constantly and there has been absolutely no hint of a problem. Games that were played are : War Thunder, Battle field and Call of Duty.
Can it be improved? Yes, but LG seems to have already taken care of any suggestions that I might have in other models. I would certainly recommend this one for gamers.