Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: First time I have built a PC in such a small case and overall, this case is very good. It's very tight inside, but if you just have a HD and CD drive, it's easy to keep cable clutter to a minimum. I do recommend getting an 80mm fan because the plastic air redirection thing is useless. I tossed it out. Great little case though.
Cons: Plastic air redirection thing is useless. I tossed it out. It's tight enough as it is inside this case.
Other Thoughts: Great overall case. It's tight, but that's because its a tiny case. If you just have a hard drive and cd rom, the cable management is pretty clean. Zip ties are your friend to keep the clutter of wires to a minimum.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - I love that it's a router and cable modem in one.
- The power supply is built in, so no power brick. It runs fairly cool (maybe because its so big, its a giant)
- The signal strength is good, especially in 5Ghz, which has a hard time going through walls, so now range is better.
- Easy automated activation on Comcast
Cons: - It's large. I had to adjust a shelf so it would have enough head room to breathe.
- It's white. Are we going back to that color again? Most of my other electronics are black, except for my WD Cloud. I think there should be an option for white or black.
-This modem/wireless router seems to have the same issue (and firmware) as the 6580 which I recently replaced for this 6782-AC. It tends to randomly lose internet connection with older devices in the 2.4Ghz band.
Other Thoughts: I bought this at a big box store where the buy is the best, because I wanted it quick :)
- None of the cons of this modem are a deal breaker, but I do wish I could have bought this in black.
- And because with the increased range in 5Ghz I don't even use 2.4G anymore so that firmware issue isn't a problem for me.
- The large size is good for better ventilation and it's a good couple pounds so it's not going to slide around
This review is from: ARRIS SBG6580 SURFboard Wireless Cable Modem Gateway
Pros: All in wireless router and cable modem, small footprint.
Cons: Ever since the recent update older devices in 2.4Ghz randomly lose internet access. Resetting the adapter resolves the problem, but it will randomly happen again. I tried many settings and advice from forums with people having similar issues, but the problem continued. I ended up replacing it with the enormous sized 6782-AC(compared to the 6580). Range is better on that unit especially in 5Ghz, but the 2.4Ghz problem still exists, but with better 5Ghz range, I bought a 5Ghz adapter and things fly.
This 6580 is dual band, but they do not run at the same time.
Other Thoughts: I'd recommend the White (and large) 6782-AC over this one because it range is better in both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz and they run concurrently, the unit seems to run cooler and power supply is built in (no power brick)READ FULL REVIEW