Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: It seemed to work fine for two years. Signal strength wasn't as good as I had thought it would be.
Cons: It stopped working after two years and one month. Kaput. Warranty time period? Two years. If you want an $80 router that lasts two years buy this. If you don't like wasting your money, don't.
Woke up this morning and the unit was off. Unplugged it and replugged it in. Lights flash and it turns itself off. It will not stay on.
Tech support is friendly but mostly useless. These were the actually restoration procedures they gave me. With the power supply plugged in hold the teeny, tiny restore button on the back of the unit with a paperclip for 10 seconds. Unplug and continue holding the button for another 3-4 minutes. Do this three times. I told him that has to be a joke. He assured me that this was the procedure. I actually tried it. Ten minutes later I have cramped hands and no WiFi.
It's dead and they will do absolutely nothing.
Other Thoughts: I've read a few other reviews of the this router from people who had the same, just out of warranty, failure. I thought this company had a good reputation. But I will NEVER buy anything from them again and neither should you.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: The modem does what it is supposed to do.
- My speeds through Comcast are excellent. No variations.
- The connection is always there. Always fast.
What more do you need?
As the other commenter stated, I just needed to call Comcast and give them the MAC address and viola, internet!
Cons: I'm expecting it to die any day now and start the house on fire because it is just working too well. I'm so used to things failing that I'm anticipating it.
Other Thoughts: I was thinking about ordering a pizza tonight but I'm putting on a little too much 'holiday cheer' around my belly. Maybe I'll just have a salad instead... with extra cheese and pepperoni.
The Bears still blow.
Pros: - Great cooling. With five fans that was the expectation.
- Quiet. There is only the low, white noise like, hum of the fans and even that is nice. Once again five fans will generate some sound.
- Layout is functional. Everything fit well inside. The HD cages were easy to work with. Cable were easy enough to get out of the way. I like the PSU on the bottom. Big feet with rubber are nice for sound absorption and airflow.
- Aesthetics. The Solano is pleasant on my eyes. The all black interior and exterior compliment each other and was worth a little extra money.
Cons: The only con, and I knew this ahead of time so it's my fault, is that the led lights are bright.
Most of the time I like the icy blue glow in the room but not at night when I am watching a movie. I wish I could turn the led's down or off.
Other Thoughts: This was my first build and this case made that effort a breeze.
I can't get the audio hook-ups on the top of the case to work. I need to jump back into the case and figure that out. Even if they don't work it would be a minor issue.