Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Great MB layout
Fast booting to windows OS
Other Thoughts: Procedure for M.2 SSD raid 0
1. Update to latest bios from http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z170%20Extreme7+/index.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS.
Go to Intel RST and sownload the 32 or 64 bit FLOPPY ZIP driver (not setupRST.zip); https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver?product=55005.
Extract the floppy zip driver to a either a separate USB drive or create a folder named RST within the bootable USB OS drive.
2. After you install the M.2 SSD's, enter the bios set up (hit Del while booting) and go to advanced BIOS/storage configuration and change SATA mode selection from AHCI to "Raid".
3. Then go to launch storage OpROM policy and change from Legacy only to "UEFI only".
4. You should see the M.2 SSD's listed underneath the launch storage OpROM policy. If not, please save/reboot and reenter advanced BIOS.
5. Enable RST PCIE storage mapping for all the M.2 SSD's.
6. Save changes and reboot to advanced BIOS then click on the last option "Intel rapid storage technology"
7. Click on Create Raid volume to name it and then select all the M.2 discs by placing x mark on empty boxes next to them. Then click on "create volume" on the bottom of the screen which should combine all the M.2 SSD's into a single volume.
Go to Boot menu and disable "CSM" (sometimes helps install); Make sure your installation media (USB or DVD) are selected in "UEFI mode" in the boot options.
8. Reboot again and and keep windows 10 OS bootable USB or disc inserted so it will go the windows installation screen.
9. After you click next and choose custom installation, you will face a screen with no hard drive.
10. At this point open the intel RST floppy folder from the USB drive and show the drivers to the windows. After 2-3 minutes windows will identify the M.2 SSD raid volume.
11. Install the OS at this point and hopefully all is good and install will be done in few minutes.
12. If you get errors like "windows installation encountered an error and cannot continue", it is time to use a burned OS DVD and skip using bootable USB.
I wasted 4 hours on bootable USB drives made with several programs, but a real DVD burned with windows 10 solved the installation issues immediately. These USB's must be missing a small required file contained in the full disc requiring for some motherboards to install OS.
If you ever hard reset BIOS or upgrade bios, make sure the raid volume is reassembled by following the steps above (You won't lose any data and there is no need to reinstall OS).
13. My 512 Samsung 950 pro dual raid 0 set up is working great and I am planning for a triple M.2 raid 0 soon.
Pros: Windows 8.1 and 10 recognize M.2 socket 950 pro; Once windows OS is installed, download and update NVME drivers from Samsung.
Using skylake 6700 with G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) and XFX radeoen R9 390.
I recommend this MB for M.2 SSD upgraders. Before you install OS, go to advanced setting in BIOS and enable option to use only UEFI BOOT. It seemed to help windows 10 not to hang in the final installation screen.
Cons: Bent pins are unfortunately common with MSI motherboards. I recommend to closely look for any bent pins with a magnifying glass and flash light before placing the intel CPU in the socket. Many times you can correct the bent pins with a small tool instead of returning the motherboard.
If BIOS/POST screen appears blank when you using a single RAM stick in slot 2, it indicates bent pins. At this time all the MB lights power on normally with a small RAM display jumping through various numbers (22, 55 etc.).Try using a different slot to see if POST screen works and if it does, go back and look for bent pins in CPU socket. Calling MSI tech support is useless as they tell you to reset BIOS if it doesn't work, return the MB.
Other Thoughts: Installation procedure for dual M.2 SSD's in raid 0 mode for MSI MSI Gaming Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM edition motherbaord;
1. Prepare to install windows 10 OS in a bootable flash drive.
2. Google Intel RST raid driver and choose FLOPPY drivers for windows 10/8.1
3. Create a folder "Raid" inside the OS flash drive and place the Intel RST raid floppy drivers.
4. make sure to enable "windows 10 compatibility" in motherboard BIOS settings. Then only you can see both SSD's to enable raid 0 in "integrated peripherals"
5. Once you see both M.2 SSD's change SATA mode to "RAID" and also "enable remapping" for both SSDs.
6. Go back to settings/advanced/intel rapid storage technology and "create a raid volume" and select both drives which makes both to become a single drive.
7. Reboot and proceed with OS installation by selecting F8 to choose OS flash drive.
8. Once you go through the initial steps, windows will show a blank hard drive screen.
9. At this point, choose to load drivers and install the "intel RAID floppy drivers" from the folder in OS flash drive.
10. Now windows should recognize the single SSD raid ) volume and you can complete the installation.
11. dual M.2 SSD's 256 x2 in raid 0 will be faster than a single 512 M.2 and game/map loading times and lags while playing 4K games are nonexistent.
I highly recommend anyone with this motherboard to try raid 0 with dual M.2 SSDs.
PS; If you ever update BIOS or hard reset them, you have to redo the first few steps to show the boot drive to windows boot manager (you won't lose any hard drive data or windows OS).
Pros: Arrived in 2 days from Korea to Florida. I ordered it on Sunday evening and received it Tuesday noon by UPS. Item comes in heavy bubble wrap, light weight package with all the accessories.
When you hook it up with free-sync cable make sure it is firmly pressed into the slot. Pressing the middle button with navigation keys on the remote control lets you change the inputs and the blue button above it lets you get into the menu (to enable free-sync etc.,).
My monitor came with English menu.
Beautiful, punchy 4K image for windows 10 web/document viewing and YouTube videos along with 4K games with my Radeon R9-390 card.
43" is a perfect sized gaming monitor.
Cons: Remote control buttons not in English.
Other Thoughts: I purchased it for 1K from accessorieswhole in eebay. Make sure look for zero pixel in the description. They cost $200 more but worth it.READ FULL REVIEW