You don't have to spend a fortune to get a top notch gaming card. The Radeon HD3870 based Toxic card from Sapphire gives you more destruction for your dollar. It has all the important features, DX10.1, Shader 4.1 and HDCP support. The built in HD decoder lets you play 1080p video from Blu-Ray and HD DVDs, the 5.1 channel AC3 support lets you use a single cable solution.
What truly sets this card apart is the Vapor-X Cooling Technology. This innovative system is similar to heat pipes but is flattened into a slim chamber that takes up less space. The heat generated by the components is drawn away by vaporizing a liquid coolant that circulates away by convection currents and then condenses and circulates back to the working components. This method keeps the GPU 7°C cooler than a standard fan and still fits in one slot.
The card has ATI Avivo technology so you can drive two monitors at two different resolutions. The dual display controllers can support 30 bit processing up to 2560x1600 resolutions. No matter what sized screen you are using the game will look better than ever.
- ATI Radeon HD 3870The Radeon HD 3870 features a RV630 core that operates at 800MHz and ultra-fast 512M/256bit GDDR4 memory, forming a high-performance graphics engine for the latest 3D gaming
- Full Microsoft DirectX 10.1 SupportThe DirectX 10.1 GPU with full Shader Model 4.1 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
- PCI Express 2.0 InterfaceThe PCI Express 2.0 x16 interface delivers an ultra-high data rate of up to 16 GB/s, and is backward compatible with PCI Express x16 (PCI-E 1.0), so you can upgrade the graphics of your existing system with the Sapphire Toxic 100225TXSR.
- ATI Avivo HDIntegrated into ATI's next-generation ATI Radeon HD graphics processors, ATI Avivo HD is AMD's new reference for advanced HD image processing, delivering flawless smooth HD video playback with hardware-based Unified Video Decoding (UVD) capability. ATI Avivo HD also introduces a new era in PC to CE connectivity with built-in HDMI and 5.1 surround audio, which enables a truly easy, one-cable connection to your big-screen TV or home theatre receiver.
- ATI CrossFireXATi CrossFireX is the ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform, enabling two or more discrete graphics processors to work together for boosted system performance and a breakthrough gaming experience.
- Windows Vista ReadyATI is working in partnership with Microsoft to unlock the potential of the new Windows Aero 3D desktop using ATI's high performance graphics processors, including the Radeon HD 3870. Don't let graphics be a barrier to a premium experience - upgrade to ATI. Windows Vista, powered by ATI, is a new visual dimension for business and personal computing.