The AMD Radeon HD 7970 graphics processor harnesses the visionary GCN Architecture. As the world’s first 28nm GPU, this chip is primed to enable astonishing performance and breathtaking image quality, making it the only solution for gamers who expect the best.
With the HD 7970 925MHZ 3GB GDDR5 with Ghost and Hydrocell graphics card (FX-797A-TNFC), XFX introduces XFACTOR, a collection of features and technologies that include XFX’s exclusive designs and standards with the highest quality and innovation to ensure that even the most demanding gamers get the best from their graphics cards.
Ghost Thermal technology is the optimal thermal design that allows air to pass through the heatsink directly to the PCB and core components. This exclusive design allows fan speeds to be kept lower, while allowing the heat to dissipate evenly through the card without excess noise. XFX’s exclusive Ghost Thermal design is complimented by its highly efficient HydroCell thermal solution which is a vapor chamber based on the same principles as heat-pipe technology, which uses a recirculation process and wick system for vaporization. XFX also introduces Duratec Professional Grade technology which represents XFX high standard for component quality. Graphics cards featuring Duratec standards offer high quality components such as 2oz Copper PCB, Solid Capacitors, Ferrite Iron Core Choke, IP-5X Certified Dust Free Fan, XFX’s exclusive bracket design for greater airflow and other quality performance enhancing components.
- New GCN Architecture for Leading DirectX 11 PerformanceAMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (codename Tahiti) boasts the world's first 28nm GPU architecture which is optimized for gaming and compute. The Tahiti GPU features up to 32 Compute Units, each with 64 Vector Units for up to 2048 Stream Processors, along with dual geometry engines and 8 Render Back ends than can process 32 color ROPs and 128 Z/Stencil ROPs per clock. Backed by 384-bit 3GB of GDDR5 memory, AMD Radeon HD 7970 with GCN Architecture realizes an improvement of over 150% in performance/sq mm over the prior generation.
- Next Generation AMD Eyefinity Technology & AMD HD3DAMD Eyefinity 2.0 features all-new support for stereo 3D, universal bezel compensation, brand new display configurations and an expanded and more immersive field of view. With full support for 3GHz HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 HBR2, the AMD Radeon HD 7970 is set to drive next generation displays at up to 4K resolution. The AMD Radeon HD 7970 is also backed by AMD’s open 3D initiative for stereo 3D gaming and Blu-ray 3D movies.
- Refined AMD PowerTune Technology & AMD ZeroCore Power TechnologyDesigned with the most advanced power management features, the AMD Radeon HD 7970 is equipped with the intelligence to convert unused power headroom into extra performance by dynamically controlling clock speeds, allowing gamers advanced performance inside of the power envelope they specify. AMD ZeroCore Power technology found in the AMD Radeon HD 7970 enables lower idle power than any other currently available graphics card. With support for AMD CrossFire technology, AMD ZeroCore Power eliminates wasted power, as well as additional heat and noise from extra cards when you are not using them.
- Enhanced Multi-GPU Capabilities with PCI Express 3.0AMD CrossFire technology is the ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform. Unlocking game-dominating power, AMD CrossFire technology, coupled with native support for PCI Express 3.0, will allow for unprecedented bandwidth in TriFire and QuadFire configurations.
- Discrete Digital Multi-Point (DDM) AudioDDM Audio provides multiple independent audio streams for audio-capable displays via DisplayPort or HDMI signals. DDM Audio delivers unique experiences in cases where multi-display video conferencing, directional audio or multi-room entertainment hubs are being used.
- AMD App AccelerationAMD App Acceleration lets you speed up applications and enjoy brilliant video. Enjoy improved GPGPU performance and new features including Video Codec Engine (VCE) in many top media, entertainment and everyday productivity applications powered by the unprecedented 28nm GCN Architecture. AMD Radeon HD 7970 fully supports DirectCompute 11 and OpenCL 1.2, enabling broad application support today and tomorrow.