Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Let me first start off by saying, wow. I am by no means a fan boy of any sorts, but this card is simply amazing. I was a little reluctant to go from 680 SLI to 780 SLI. However, I am very happy that I did. Here are just a few notes for people that use SLI and multi monitor gaming (5760x1080). Remember, this only my opinion and some benchmarking notes.
- Going from 680 sli to 780 sli seemed like going from being able to play graphics on high (with sometimes low frames) to being able to play flawlessly on the highest settings with no low fps. I am pretty much saying this for most FPS games, some MMO's, and other various games that require beefy setups for multi-monitor systems.
- Sound, I noticed a substantial reduction in noise on full load. I was a bit nervous about getting the reference cooler, but these things proved to be quite impressive. They are extremely quite on idle. On full load, they are audible, but nothing too ridiculous. Nvidia is obviously making a go at reference being just as good as the 3rd party stuff.
- Performance (overclock-ability) - These things overclocked incredibly well. My old 680's OC'ed well, but nothing TOO impressive. My 780's I was able to put down +215 to clock and +500 to mem and these things dont even break a sweat. (FOR BOTH CARDS)
- Aesthetics, these things look and feel pretty solid. With the aluminum build these things carry, they feel impressive. Most cards you feel like if you hold it too tightly you might break something. Not these things...
- Drivers, the drivers that have come out with the card (latest from Nvidia's website) have already proven to be quite impressive. I cannot wait to see what they are able to do later.
Cons: - The packaging it came in made me kind of nervous. However, it's EVGA. They know what they are doing so I trust their judgment.
- Heat, these things get HOT (roughly 80 degree's C, after that it would start down clocking) with EVGA Precision's fan control. I did notice that EVGA Precision did help keep the temps lower by about 5 degree's. So I'd recommend installing the latest one, especially if you are using SLI.
- Overclocking is limited to heat (repeating myself here). This goes hand in hand with Titan as well. If you are able to keep these things cool, they will more than likely shine for you. I am considering the XSPC waterblocks for both of these things. However, it's hard to justify trying to push these things any further when I am able to overclock them so far already.
Other Thoughts: So many people have complained about the cost of these things. I just quickly remind them you are basically getting Titan performance for 350 dollars less. 650 dollars does seem a bit high, but it's early technology, you're going to pay a premium. All of us know this if your looking in this genre of cards.
My Overall clocks for the cards were something in the range of 1228 core clock and 7012 for memory after the boost had kicked in. However, their clocks would start steadily dropping when temps started to creep up. They would typically settle at 1202 and 7000(ish) once the heat leveled out. Honestly speaking, I'd buy these all over again in a heartbeat.
Hope my review helps your decision! If you get this card, you won't be disappointed.
i7 3930k @ 4.6ghz
XSPC Raystorm 360 w/ D5 Variable Pump
Asus Rampage IV Formula
4gb x 4 Mushkin 2133 mhz Redline Ram
2x EVGA GTX 780 @ +215 / +500
Corsair PSU 1200w
3x 24" Asus Monitors
This review is from: ASUS Rampage IV Formula LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: - Super fast
- Clean looking
- Overclock ability
- the amount of ports you get
Cons: - One of my Memory Dimms was not working when I got it and have been trying for just about 2 weeks now (originally thought it was a Ram issue, later to find out it was board) for them to recognize my advance RMA. You will spend about 30 minutes on a phone call just to start, and every time you do talk to them... you practically have to start over. I have called them 4-5 times with no avail... I love reading other "dear valued customer" auto reply to bad publicly statements here on newegg. I have also sent in my RMA request about 10 times (no exaggeration) by email and fax. STILL nothing, not even my RMA # is shown on their website, but received in email... SO buyers beware when having a defective product from Asus, right now it is HIGHLY aggravating...
Other Thoughts: If quality customer service is your thing. I warn you not to buy their products. However, I will say, their products (when they work) are usually the best in the market. For the money, they should be doing the Jig while helping out on customer service. It almost feels as though they try to avoid the possibility that one of their products is defective (at this level of product). Just my .02READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Logitech G930 USB Connector Circumaural Wireless Gaming Headset
Pros: - Great Audio
- Lag free
- Battery Life (10 hours without a problem)
- Excellent mic with noise cancel
Cons: - After a few hours wearing the headset was nearly impossible... This thing feels like it is a vice grip on your head. It does get heavy after a while to the point only wearing only 1 cup at a time and switching between the two.
- Pads can be irritating after a long duration.
- Has an issue where if you restart it can be kind of a pain to sync it back up.
Other Thoughts: Overall, not worth the money. Look elsewhere, the sound is good, but are easily matched with its competitors. However, its competitors are actually wearable for those 10+ hours.READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Sam C.
Date Joined: 01/27/09
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.