Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ASUS X Series X550CA 15.6" Touchscreen Notebook with Intel Pentium ULV 2117U 1.8GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, Super-Multi DVD, HD Webcam, USB 3.0, HDMI Out, SonicMaster Audio, Windows 8
Pros: - Handles basics internet use and word processing with no issue
- Nice feel and build
- Ok touch screen
Cons: - Not for gaming (was able to play hearthstone and even that didnt run super smooth
- The touch screen is just ok, not great. The top corners are not as responsive as the rest of the screen
Other Thoughts: Picked this up as a first time laptop for my mom, she is enjoying it. Older laptop that I got on sale, not bad for my mom. She enjoys her new found facebook and netflix account.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Looks great - Fine looking piece of tech
- Comfortable keyboard and spacious mouse
- Beautiful display, no glare and great viewing angles-
- Play for hours plugged in with no frame rate issues
- Great graphics! I was a little worried because this was my first gaming laptop (I normally game on custom home built rigs and use laptops for business). I couldn't justify spending the extra $1k for the 980m and I was worried I that I would need the extra punch. While the 980m has amazing specs and does just as amazing on benchmarks this 970m is really kicking some crucial behind! I've been able to play Advanced Warfare on high settings and wow on extremely high settings, I was also able to play Crysis 2 on high settings with know lag in frame rate.
- Great cooling. Even after hours of gaming it doesnt feel like its about to explode like my friends MSI gaming laptops.
- This model can be upgraded with another 16gb of RAM and can take a SSD, great for future expansion.
- Easy overclocking features.
- Very decent sound.
- Great ASUS warranty
Cons: - Power cord becomes unplugged fairly easily if you actually
set the laptop in your lap as oppose to a table.
- Keyboard letters are a little tough to see without the back lighting
- Steam button opens big picture mode.
- Hard drive partitioned into two drives one for data and one for games (just my preference that it was one drive).
Other Thoughts: I had my eye on a new laptop for the past 3 months and waited patiently for the 900m series cards to come out. It was a tough choice for me between MSI and ASUS and both makers have a nice line up of 970/980m laptops. Ultimately it was ASUS that won out because of their recent improvements to the ROG series (mainly their awesome cooling). At the time of purchase ASUS also had the best specs for the $1,500 price point, MSI was charging about $200 more for similar specs.
I do not think the Cons are really huge cons. For example I mostly game with this laptop on a table so it never really becomes unplugged.
I do not have any buyers remorse picking up this gaming laptop.
Pros: Awesome CPU!
- Been using since 08 with no issues
- handles modern games on mid settings
- Never had issues with over heating while using stock cooling
Cons: noneREAD FULL REVIEW