Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: This is a server grade drive at a consumer friendly price.
- Large capacity. pretty much the largest capacity single drive you can currently buy,
- very quiet. Unlike my other drive i can't hear this drive, even while it is under load.
- Low power draw
- high quality construction designed to run 24/7.
- Secure. The Instant Secure Erase renders the drive safe from most thieves.
Cons: - Bare drive. this drive has no cables, hardware, or documentation bundled with it. This means it is up to you to acquire everything including the software needed to use the Instant Secure Erase. Luckily there is documentation at the bottom of the overview tab on the product page that will tell you everything you need to know.
- 5900 rpms. With other manufacturers drives running between 7200-10k you can't but wonder if the drive would be even faster if they made theirs faster.
- Security. This is an encryption drive. As data is written to and read from the drive, the drive encrypts and decrypts the data.When you perform an Instant Secure Erase, the drive erases the current encryption key and creates a new one. It leaves the data on the drive and renders is "invisible" waiting for it to be overwritten by new data. This means that even after a Instant Secure Erase the data previously on the drive could theoretically be retrieved.
Other Thoughts: Even though the data is theoretically retrievable it would be very difficult. Even if a thieve finds the data they are going to have to decrypt it to be able to get anything out of it.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: LINKSYS RE2000 Selectable Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender
Pros: I bought this to extend the range of my wifi for my phone and tablet.
* Once setup it worked well and extended the range by over 100 feet.
*The main unit is very compact.
*You have 2 plug options. One allows it to plug the unit directly into an outlet and the plug will support the unit. Remove that and you can place the unit in a more remote area and power it with the supplied cord.
*It has an ethernet connection so that you can connect a computer or other wired device near the extender.
*The speed does not seem to be affected by the extender.
Cons: *Requires a windows computer or macintosh with a wireless connection for initial setup. My computer is hardwired and i only use the wireless for my cellphone and tablet, so I had to borrow a laptop to set the extender up. *Setup took 3 attempts, but was eventually able to successfully complete.
*The unit runs very hot. With an ambient temperature of 65 degrees the unit was registering 130 degrees with an infrared thermometer. This was with no use of the wifi by any devices.
Other Thoughts: I got this router to extend my wireless to an area it wouldn't reach before, and so far it has worked flawlessly and more than met my expectations there. The other reviews have left me a little concerned about the longevity of the device, and I feel the heat it generates might be a large factor in that equation. Unfortunately only time will tell if it will last, but if it does fail I will do my best to update this review with the details.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: ASUS Rampage III Formula LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: looks great, lots of features. Bios has many options and is easy to setup. No ide port to take up valuable space.
Cons: The driver cd arrived warped, it sounds like it is going to break my dvd drive. The sata 6gb cable was bad, looked high quality though.
Other Thoughts: While i can and did get the drivers from the internet i would have liked to have a physical cd just in case. I didnt knock off an egg for the cons because they are minor, and i usually use a store bought cable anyways.READ FULL REVIEW