Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: MSI H81M-E34 LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: Must have bought 50 of these and only sent one back.
MSI promptly gives you an RMA and replaces a flawed
motherboard for free for 3 years; what more could you ask for. I only buy MSI motherboards and I buy 100's a year.
You buy a motherboard for what it will be used for and this board runs three monitors flawlessly with ease.
I deliver four or five a month to my corporate customers without DVD burners to run the factory equipment out in the environment that is not pleasant for man or machine.
Only had one return because of a failed power supply and all I had to do was replace it and it went right back onto the factory floor.
Cons: None that I can think of.
Other Thoughts: I put all of these in a Rosewill "Line" case.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: MSI H81M-P33 LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Pros: Perfect MB to replace all the XP PC's in my
corporate customers factories...Absolutely
perfect because they are the latest 4th generation
and run many CPU's with chip HD graphics that
breeze through two monitors with 16 GB of memory
and a solid state hard drive.
Other Thoughts: I am probably going to build these units for seven large
factories in seven different states. The price is good for the
IT people in the plants and I show them how to clone the solid state hard drive as a back up and any machine that goes down is up and running in minutes.
Pros: Style, touchscreen, neat and clean, graphics and sound are outstanding.
WiFi is fast, and keyboard and touchpad are different but with touchscreen it is easy.
Cons: None so far.
Other Thoughts: Acer Touchscreen R7-571 review by Computers-ITPro
Laptop has two Solid State hard drives and the hardware is indeed impressive, has no DVD burner or
OK, so I decided to see what make it tick like I do with everything I buy?
(Note: Before I could do the following I had to go into the Bios and change to legacy boot in two places and turn off secure boot and create a password to get into the bios.)
(There are three hidden screws and you need a T7 torx screw driver, the hidden screws are under the bottom rubber pads (little pad has one screw and the big one has two “just lift the ends of the tab slightly to expose”)
1. Took it apart removed 2 GB stick and 500 GB spinning hard drive and installed a 4 GB stick of DDR 3 12800 ( since the other 4 GB is built into the motherboard) and a 120 GB SS Samsung hard drive. “Note: Tried a 8 GB stick but it only read it as 4 GB”
2. I deleted the 7 GB and 14 GB partitions on the 25 GB cloud hard drive and formatted in NTFS and allocated 18 GB as virtual memory paging in the advanced settings part of the performance settings in system.
3. I partitioned the 120 GB hard drive in half with Aomei partition manager and booted to the external DVD burner and installed Windows 8 then I booted to the external DVD burner and installed Windows 7.
4. Windows creates the boot menu and gives you a choice to make up your mind in 25 seconds; at this point I always install Easy BCD and configure it to do what I want.
5. Used the Windows partition as a source to find drivers for Windows 7 since Windows 8 found all
Hardware drivers all by itself; all drivers were found except WiFi….so I used a fast very small USB
half inch wireless adaptor; Graphics and sound are exceptional.
The touchscreen seems to works great on both operating systems but seemed a little faster on
Windows 7, both wireless adaptors are fast, and the laptop over all is really neat.
The internal hardware construction looks like an Apple MacBook, ie battery long and flat panels and laptop is very thin.
On a scale of one to ten I give it a ten because Microsoft Word automatically corrects the space bar not working all the time.