Enabling dual core desktop computing and featuring two processor cores each operating at 2.1GHz with a 512KB (1MB in total) L2 Cache, the Dual-Core AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Socket AM2 processor can perform calculations on two streams of data to increase efficiency and speed while running multiple programs and the new generation of multi-threaded software.
This versatile processor is designed to enable next-generation platform innovations like AMD Virtualization and high-performance, un-buffered DDR2 memory (supporting up to DDR2 800) to the award-winning AMD64 architecture. Other advanced features include support for 3DNow! Professional technology and SSE3 to accelerate multimedia applications and enable stellar performance when working with games, audio, video and photography software.
This adept processor is designed for people who want to stay at the forefront of technology and for those who depend on their PCs to keep them connected, informed, and entertained.
- AMD64 Dual-core TechnologyAMD64 is designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. With dual-core technology there are two complete processor cores in one physical package running at the same frequency to deliver TRUE multi-tasking power, allowing users to switch from one program to another without pausing for the computer to catch up and reducing annoying processing pauses.
- HyperTransport TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency and point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems and networking and telecommunications equipment. HyperTransport Technology in the Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Socket AM2 processor enables the speed of system bus up to 2000MHz and delivers up to 8GB/s I/O bandwidth and up to 20.8GB/s processor-to-system bandwidth.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced virus protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.
- CNQ: Cool'n'Quiet TechnologyAMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology is an innovative solution available on AMD Athlon 64 processor-based systems that can effectively lower power consumption and enable a quieter-running system while delivering performance-on-demand.
- AMD VirtualizationVirtualization on desktop computers allows a single PC to act like multiple virtual machines. AMD Virtualization can enable client computers to seamlessly support multiple operating environments. And it also helps make it easier for PC enthusiasts to upgrade and maintain their PCs through emulation.