Multitasking leaps to a new high with the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ AM2! With dual processor cores each running at 2.2GHz, this Socket AM2 processor can manage two streams of data simultaeously while running multiple programs and the new generation of multi-threaded software. This advanced development, once seen only in "supercomputers" allows you to switch between programs without annoying delays, resulting in major performance jumps! It's integrated with a high-bandwidth, low-latency memory controller enabling support for up to DDR400 memory.
AMD has significantly reduced power consumption for these chips, allowing your system to run cooler even at higher speeds. Other features including support for 3DNow! Professional technology and SSE3 accelerate multimedia applications and enable stellar performance when working with audio, video and photography software. This is an excellent value when you look at performance for the price; you can't do much better!
- AMD64 Dual-core TechnologyAMD64 is designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. With dual-core technology there are two complete processor cores in one physical package running at the same frequency to deliver TRUE multi-tasking power, allowing users to switch from one program to another without pausing for the computer to catch up and reducing annoying processing pauses.
- HyperTransport TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency and point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems and networking and telecommunications equipment. The Athlon 64 X2 4200+ AM2 processor is equipped with HT technology to enable a system bus speed of up to 2000MHz, delivering a maximum of 8GB/s I/O bandwidth.
- AMD VirtualizationVirtualization on desktop computers allows a single PC to act like multiple virtual machines. AMD Virtualization can enable client computers to seamlessly support multiple operating environments. And it also helps make it easier for PC enthusiasts to upgrade and maintain their PCs through emulation.
- CNQ: Cool'n'Quiet TechnologyAMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology is an innovative solution available on AMD Athlon 64 processor-based systems that can effectively lower power consumption and enable a quieter-running system while delivering performance-on-demand.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced Virus Protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.