Experience a new world of dual-core computing with the 3.0GHz AMD Athlon X2 6000+. Every aspect of this processor was designed with speed and energy efficiency in mind. Dual cores reside on one chip and calculate data on two streams to increase speed while running multiple programs at once.
You’ll enjoy better multitasking for increased office productivity. The HyperTransport Technology can provide up to 16.0GB/s bandwidth to reduce system bottlenecks and this processor is ready for the 64bit operating systems.
Energy efficiency is important to AMD, allowing you to enjoy a cool, quiet PC while saving energy and reducing heat, noise and the effect of your computer on the environment. Energy efficiency innovations include Cool’n’Quiet and AMD CoolCore. These technologies reduce power consumption and processor activity. Add the convenience and power of multi-core processing and enjoy the benefits of energy efficiency with a 3.0GHz AMD Athlon 6000+ today!
- AMD64 Dual-core TechnologyAMD64 is designed to enable simultaneous 32 and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. With dual-core technology there are two complete processor cores in one physical package running at the same frequency to deliver TRUE multi-tasking power, allowing users to switch from one program to another without pausing for the computer to catch up and reducing annoying processing pauses.
- HyperTransport TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. With HT technology the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual-core processor enjoys 2000MHz system bus speeds.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced virus protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.
- AMD VirtualizationVirtualization on desktop computers allows a single PC to act like multiple virtual machines. AMD Virtualization can enable client computers to seamlessly support multiple operating environments. And it also helps make it easier for PC enthusiasts to upgrade and maintain their PCs through emulation.
- Cool’n’Quiet TechnologyAMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology is an innovative solution available on AMD Athlon 64 processor-based systems that can effectively lower power consumption and enable a quieter-running system while delivering performance-on-demand.