Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor Dual-Core 3.0 GHz Socket AM2 125W ADX6000CZBOX Processor
OUT OF STOCK.
- 2000 MHz
- 90nm Windsor 125W
- 2 x 1MB L2 Cache
Just like the Windsors rule England, AMD’s Windsor processors may rule the computer world. The Athlon 64 X2 6000+ runs at 3.0GHz per core, and each core’s power is bolstered by 1MB of L2 cache. The dual core architecture means multi-tasking and multi-threading without sharing clock cycles, so you get faster performance. Individual L1 and L2 caches for each core along with HyperTransport technology increase performance by giving each core a dedicated cache of memory and reducing I/O bottlenecks by increasing bandwidth and reducing latency.
The 64-bit design keeps you going now and into the future. The AMD64 technology is compatible with existing software and enables a seamless transition to the 64-bit applications of the future. This technology allows end users to take advantage of new innovations such as real-time encryption, more life-like games, accurate speech interfaces, cinema-quality graphic effects, and easy-to-use video and audio editing.
This processor is an integral part of AMD LIVE! This new feature from AMD will turn your PC into an entertainment platform second to none. Watch videos or TV in one room while streaming music into another. Your system will become a true media center with music, movies, and photos all organized and able to be shared amongst all of your connected equipment.
- AMD64 Dual-core TechnologyAMD64 is designed to enable simultaneous 32 and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. With dual-core technology there are two complete processor cores in one physical package running at the same frequency to deliver TRUE multi-tasking power, allowing users to switch from one program to another without pausing for the computer to catch up and reducing annoying processing pauses.
- HyperTransport TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. With HT technology the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual-core processor enjoys 2000MHz system bus speeds.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced virus protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.
- AMD VirtualizationVirtualization on desktop computers allows a single PC to act like multiple virtual machines. AMD Virtualization can enable client computers to seamlessly support multiple operating environments. And it also helps make it easier for PC enthusiasts to upgrade and maintain their PCs through emulation.
- CNQ: Cool'n'Quiet TechnologyAMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology is an innovative solution available on AMD Athlon 64 processor-based systems that can effectively lower power consumption and enable a quieter-running system while delivering performance-on-demand.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: Non-refundable
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Replacement Only Return Policy