Prepare yourself for a new personal computing experience with the Athlon II X3 440. Save time and accomplish more with multi-core processing that makes multitasking quick and simple. The Athlon II X3 features the next-generation AMD Direct Connect Architecture for a fast, responsive PC. This processor is also optimized to take advantage of the power management features in Windows 7 using AMD PowerNow! 3.0 Technology.
Energy efficiency is important to AMD, allowing you to enjoy a cool, quiet PC while saving energy and reducing heat, noise and the effect of your computer on the environment. Energy efficiency innovations include Cool’n’Quiet, AMD CoolCore and AMD Smart fetch. These technologies reduce power consumption and processor activity. You’ll experience up to 50% energy efficiency over previous AMD Athlon II processors.
AMD Athlon II processors also offer support for Virtualization Technology. You can run virtual environments on one system with ease, allowing you to use legacy programs on a separate operating system. Also providing 64-bit support, this processor can handle the most demanding programs with ease. Add the convenience and power of multi-core processing and enjoy the benefits of energy efficiency with an AMD Athlon II X3 440 today!
- AMD64 TechnologyAMD64 technology allows the AMD Athlon II X3 440 processor to run 32-bit applications at full speed while enabling a new generation of powerful 64-bit software applications.
- True Triple-Core ProcessingThe extensive AMD64 architectural optimizations and features enable thorough integration of triple cores within the same processor, with each core having its own L1 and L2 caches.
- Integrated Memory ControllerThe AMD Athlon II X3 440 processor features an integrated dual-channel memory controller that directly connects the processor to memory for optimum performance, low latency, and high throughput.
- HyperTransport 3.0 TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. With HT 3.0 technology the AMD Athlon II X3 440 enjoys 4000MHz system bus speeds.
- PowerNow! 3.0 TechnologyCPU power management technologies featured in AMD PowerNow! 3.0 Technology like AMD's Cool'n'Quiet 3.0 technology result in proven, measurable benefits for businesses and consumers, including reduced power usage, lower energy costs, and greener PC operation.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced virus protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.