Prepare yourself for a new personal computing experience with the Athlon II X4 630. Save time and accomplish more with multi-core processing that makes multitasking quick and simple. The Athlon II X4 features the next-generation AMD Direct Connect Architecture for a fast, responsive PC. This processor is also optimized to take advantage of the power management features in Windows 7 using AMD PowerNow! 3.0 Technology.
Energy efficiency is important to AMD, allowing you to enjoy a cool, quiet PC while saving energy and reducing heat, noise and the effect of your computer on the environment. Energy efficiency innovations include Cool’n’Quiet, AMD CoolCore and AMD Smart fetch. These technologies reduce power consumption and processor activity. You’ll experience up to 50% energy efficiency over previous AMD Athlon II processors.
AMD Athlon II processors also offer support for Virtualization Technology. You can run virtual environments on one system with ease, allowing you to use legacy programs on a separate operating system. Also providing 64-bit support, this processor can handle the most demanding programs with ease. Add the convenience and power of multi-core processing and enjoy the benefits of energy efficiency with an AMD Athlon II X4 630 today!
- AMD64 Quad-core TechnologyAMD64 is designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. With Quad-core technology, four complete processor cores on a single die run at the same frequency to deliver exceptional multi-tasking power, allowing users to surge through the most demanding processing loads, including advanced multitasking, critical business productivity, complicated visual design and modeling, serious gaming, and visually stunning digital media and entertainment.
- Integrated DDR2 and DDR3 DRAM Memory ControllerThe AMD Athlon II X4 630 quad-core processor is integrated with DDR2 and DDR3 DRAM memory controller capable of supporting unregistered DRAM. The integrated memory controller changes the way the processor accesses main memory, resulting in increased bandwidth, reduced memory latencies, and enhanced processor performance.
- HyperTransport 3.0 TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. With HT 3.0 technology the AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor enjoys 4000MHz system bus speeds.
- AMD Cool'n'Quiet TechnologyAMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology is an innovative solution available on AMD Athlon 64 processor-based systems that can effectively lower power consumption and enable a quieter-running system while delivering performance-on-demand.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced virus protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.