Enjoy unbeatable multi-core value and ultimate high definition entertainment with the AMD Phenom II X4 840 processor. Save time and accomplish more with true quad-core processing that makes multitasking quick and simple. AMD64 with Direct Connect Architecture and 45nm technology has created a tuned processing pipeline that helps keep your system performing at the highest levels. HyperTransport technology provides up to 16.0GB/s bandwidth to reduce system bottlenecks and AMD Balanced Smart Cache ensures quick access times to highly used data.
Energy efficiency is important to AMD, allowing you to enjoy a cool, quiet PC while saving energy and reducing heat, noise and the effect of your computer on the environment. Energy efficiency innovations include Cool’n’Quiet and AMD CoolCore, which reduce power consumption by balancing the processor activity, letting you enjoy environmentally friendly, energy-efficient performance.
AMD Phenom II processors also offer support for Virtualization Technology. You can run virtual environments on one system with ease, allowing you to use legacy programs on a separate operating system. Add the convenience and power of multi-core processing and enjoy the benefits of energy efficiency with an AMD Phenom II X4 840 today!
- Quad-Core Processing with AMDWith the power of four processor cores on a single chip, AMD’s true multi-core processor Phenom II X4 840 delivers exceptional multi-tasking power, allowing users to surge through the most demanding processing loads, including advanced multitasking, critical business productivity, complicated visual design and modeling, serious gaming, and visually stunning digital media and entertainment.
- AMD64 with Direct Connect ArchitectureAMD64 technology allows the AMD Phenom II X4 840 to run 32-bit applications at full speed while enabling a new generation of powerful 64-bit software applications. Moreover, all AMD Phenom II processors are built on AMD’s revolutionary Direct Connect Architecture, where the processor core is directly connected to the memory, the I/O subsystem, and any other processors in the configuration by high bandwidth HyperTransport links. This cuts down on the latency and improves overall system performance and efficiency.
- Integrated Memory ControllerThe AMD Phenom II X4 840 features a high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller that directly connects the processor cores to memory for optimum performance, low latency, and high throughput.
- HyperTransport 3.0 TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. With HT 3.0 technology the AMD Phenom II X4 840 quad-core processor enjoys 4000MHz system bus speeds.
- AMD Power Management TechnologiesCPU power management technologies including AMD PowerNow! 3.0 (Cool’n’Quiet), CoolCore, and Dual Dynamic Power Management result in proven, measurable benefits for businesses and consumers, including reduced power usage, lower energy costs, and greener PC operation.
- AMD Virtualization (AMD-V) Technology with Rapid Virtualization IndexingSilicon feature-set enhancements designed to improve the performance, reliability, and security of existing and future virtualization environments by allowing virtualized applications with direct and rapid access to their allocated memory. This helps virtualization software to run more securely and efficiently enabling a better experience when dealing with virtual systems.