Experience a new world of quad-core computing with the AMD Phenom II X4 955. Every aspect of this processor was designed with speed and energy efficiency in mind. AMD64 with Direct Connect Architecture and 45nm technology has created a tuned processing pipeline that helps keep your system performing at the highest levels. HyperTransport Technology provides up to 16.0GB/s bandwidth to reduce system bottlenecks and AMD Balanced Smart Cache ensures quick access times to highly used data.
Energy efficiency is important to AMD, allowing you to enjoy a cool, quiet PC while saving energy and reducing heat, noise and the effect of your computer on the environment. Energy efficiency innovations include Cool’n’Quiet and AMD CoolCore. These technologies reduce power consumption and processor activity.
AMD Phenom II processors also offer support for Virtualization Technology. You can run virtual environments on one system with ease, allowing you to use legacy programs on a separate operating system. Add the convenience and power of multi-core processing and enjoy the benefits of energy efficiency with an AMD Phenom II X4 955 today!
- AMD64 with Direct Connect ArchitectureAMD64 technology allows the AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor to run 32-bit applications at full speed while enabling a new generation of powerful 64-bit software applications. Moreover, all AMD Phenom II processors are built on AMD’s revolutionary Direct Connect Architecture, where processors are directly connected to one another. An I/O and memory subsystem are also directly connected to each processor, helping improve overall system performance and efficiency.
- True Quad-Core ProcessingWith the power of four processor cores on a single chip, the AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor delivers industry-leading multitasking performance with each core having its own L2 cache memory and ability to quickly share data among cores utilizing the L3 cache.
- Integrated Memory ControllerThe AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor features a high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller that directly connects the processor to memory for optimum performance, low latency, and high throughput.
- HyperTransport 3.0 TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. With HT 3.0 technology the AMD Phenom II X4 955 quad-Core processor enjoys 4000MHz system bus speeds.
- PowerNow! 3.0 TechnologyCPU power management technologies featured in AMD PowerNow! 3.0 Technology like AMD's Cool'n'Quiet 3.0 technology result in proven, measurable benefits for businesses and consumers, including reduced power usage, lower energy costs, and greener PC operation.
- AMD VirtualizationVirtualization on desktop computers allows a single PC to act like multiple virtual machines. AMD Virtualization can enable client computers to seamlessly support multiple operating environments. It also helps make it easier for PC enthusiasts to upgrade and maintain their PCs through emulation.