Experience a new world of quad-core computing with the AMD Phenom II X4 965. Every aspect of this processor was designed with speed and energy efficiency in mind. Using the AMD64 Direct Connect Architecture, application performance is dramatically increased while reducing memory latency. The HyperTransport Technology can provide up to 16.0GB/s bandwidth to reduce system bottlenecks and the Balanced Smart Cache ensures quick access times to highly used data.
Energy efficiency is important to AMD, allowing you to enjoy a cool, quiet PC while saving energy and reducing heat, noise and the effect of your computer on the environment. Energy efficiency innovations include Cool’n’Quiet and AMD CoolCore. These technologies reduce power consumption and processor activity.
AMD Phenom II processors also offer support for Virtualization Technology. You can run virtual environments on one system with ease, allowing you to use legacy programs on a separate operating system. Add the convenience and power of multi-core processing and enjoy the benefits of energy efficiency with an AMD Phenom II X4 965 today!
- AMD64 Quad-core TechnologyAMD64 is designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. With Quad-Core technology, four complete processor cores on a single die run at the same frequency to deliver exceptional multi-tasking power, allowing users to surge through the most demanding processing loads, including advanced multitasking, critical business productivity, complicated visual design and modeling, serious gaming, and visually stunning digital media and entertainment.
- Integrated DDR2 and DDR3 DRAM Memory ControllerThe AMD Phenom II X4 Quad-Core processor is integrated with DDR2 and DDR3 DRAM memory controller capable of supporting registered and ECC DRAM. The integrated memory controller changes the way the processor accesses main memory, resulting in increased bandwidth, reduced memory latencies, and enhanced processor performance.
- HyperTransport TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. With HT 3.0 technology the AMD Phenom II X4 quad-Core processor enjoys 4000MHz system bus speeds.
- AMD Cool'n'Quiet 3.0 TechnologyAMD's Cool'n'Quiet 3.0 technology is an enhanced solution available on AMD Phenom II X4 processor-based systems that can effectively lower power consumption and enable a quieter-running system while delivering performance-on-demand.
- AMD VirtualizationVirtualization on desktop computers allows a single PC to act like multiple virtual machines. AMD Virtualization can enable client computers to seamlessly support multiple operating environments. And it also helps make it easier for PC enthusiasts to upgrade and maintain their PCs through emulation.
- AMD CoolCore TechnologyAMD CoolCore Technology reduces processor energy consumption by turning off unused parts of the processor. Power can be switched on or off within a single clock cycle so that energy is saved without compromising performance.