AMD's Sempron 145 is a great choice for HTPCs and other applications where low noise and low heat are major factors. This would also be a great choice for remote systems used to control video walls. You could also use it for building a dedicated print server system.
This 2.8GHz processor only draws 45W of power and still has all the features that make AMD processors great. The integrated DDR2/DDR3 memory controller and HyperTransport Technology combine to enable your system to boot and load your applications quickly. It also comes with Cool'n'Quiet 3.0 technology to increase power efficiency even further.
- AMD64 TechnologyAMD64 technology is designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance.
- Integrated DDR2/DDR3 Memory ControllerThe AMD Sempron 145 integrates a high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller that directly connects the processor to memory for optimum performance, low latency, and high throughput.
- HyperTransport TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. With HT technology the AMD Sempron 145 enjoys 6.4GB/s system bandwidth.
- AMD Cool'n'Quiet TechnologyAMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology can effectively lower power consumption and enable a quieter-running system while delivering performance-on-demand.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced virus protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.