Crush your virtual enemies, climb the mountain of paperwork . . . do both at the same time. Intel's Core 2 Duo E6320 not only makes it possible, it makes it easy. Carved from a Conroe die each of the 2 cores runs at 1.86GHz and shares 4MB of L2 cache.
This processor is an integral part of Intel's Viiv technology. Your Viiv-based PC can easily access a wide variety of on-demand entertainment sources that you can display on either your monitor or play through your home theater setup. But it’s not just movies, there’s also TV, music and games. It also makes it easier to manage the music, video and photos on your PC.
Two cores means true multi-tasking and multi-threading. Tasks or threads get their own core, no more sharing one core and set of clock cycles. This lets you turn your system into the ultimate home entertainment center PC. One core can play a DVD on the TV, the second sends audio to the kids in another room with no lags or stutters. All this is made easier with Intel’s Digital Media Boost.
- Dual-core Processing with 4MB Shared L2 CacheThe Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 Conroe processor features two complete processor cores in one physical package. Significant performance headroom, especially for multi-threaded applications, helps boost system utilization through virtualization and application responsiveness. Its 4MB shared L2 cache increases efficiency of L2 cache-to-processor data transfer, maximizes main memory to processor bandwidth and reduces latency.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST)EIST allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease average power consumption and average heat production. Combined with existing power saving features, EIST may provide an excellent balance between providing power when you need it and conserving power when you don’t.
- Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T)Enhances next-generation IA-32 platforms with 64-bit addressability and related instructions, allowing flexibility for both 64-bit and 32-bit applications and operating systems.
- Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT)Intel Virtualization Tehcnology makes it even easier to increase server utilization in your data center by consolidating more applications, while improving data center reliability and adding robustness to virtualized systems.
- Execute Disable Bit (EDB)Intel's Execute Disable Bit function can prevent certain classes of malicious "buffer overflow" attacks when combined with a supporting operating system. Execute Disable Bit allows the processor to classify areas in memory where application code can execute and where it cannot. When a malicious worm attempts to insert code in the buffer, the processor disables code execution, preventing damage or worm propagation.