Crush your enemies, climb the tower of paperwork -- or do both at the same time. Intel's Core 2 Quad Q8300 not only makes it possible, it makes it easy. The Core 2 Quad Q8300 has four cores that run at 2.5GHz and shares 4MB of L2 cache.
Quad cores means true multi-tasking and multi-threading. Tasks or threads get their own core; no more sharing one core and set of clock cycles. This lets you turn your system into the ultimate home entertainment center PC. One core handles the usual action on your operating system, while the second can play a DVD on the TV, the third download a file from internet, and the fourth one sends audio to the kids in another room with no lags or stutters. All this is made easier with Intel’s advanced Digital Media Boost.
The 45nm Intel Core 2 Quad processor is armed with Intel HD Boost, which implementing new Intel Streaming SIMD Extension 4.1 (Intel SSE4.1) instructions for fast high definition video editing and encoding, enhance the multimedia performance.
- Intel Core 2 Quad-core ProcessorWith four processing cores, the multitasking monster Quad-Core Intel Core 2 processor delivers fourfold the performance on highly-threaded applications, taking your desktop PC experience into a completely new realm of mega power. The powerful processor delivers serious performance on the ultra-demanding games of today and tomorrow. The innovative 45nm quad-core technology optimizes thermal performance for reduced power consumption and noise.
- Intel Advanced Smart CacheIntel Advanced Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared L2 cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from fast L2 cache, resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and improved performance.
- Intel Wide Dynamic ExecutionWith Intel Wide Dynamic Execution, each of the four cores can complete up to four full instructions simultaneously to improve execution speed and efficiency, delivering more instructions per clock cycle.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST)EIST allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease average power consumption and average heat production. Combined with existing power saving features, EIST may provide an excellent balance between providing power when you need it and conserving power when you don’t.
- Execute Disable Bit (EDB)Intel's Execute Disable Bit function can prevent certain classes of malicious "buffer overflow" attacks when combined with a supporting operating system. Execute Disable Bit allows the processor to classify areas in memory where application code can execute and where it cannot. When a malicious worm attempts to insert code in the buffer, the processor disables code execution, preventing damage or worm propagation.