The 32nm Intel Core i3 processor family, integrating Intel HD Graphics with Intel Clear Video Technology, delivers smooth HD video playback and advanced 3D capabilities for everyday computing needs. Core i3 processor also allows each core of your processor to work on two tasks at the same time with Intel Hyper-Threading Technology for smart multitasking. Best of all, the 4MB of Intel Smart Cache gives you blazing speeds you never realized were possible. The Integrated Memory Controller optimizes data bandwidth with support for dual-channel DDR3 memory. Experience the convenience, versatility and power of Intel Core i3 processors today!
- Intel HD Graphics with Clear Video TechnologyIntel HD Graphics Technology provides a visually stunning experience optimized for HD video without the need to add an external and costly graphics card. Intel Clear Video Technology is a combination of video processing hardware and software technologies for a wide range of digital displays which delivers enhanced video playback, sharper images, and precise color control for a premium visual experience.
- Integrated DDR3 Memory ControllerWith the integrated DDR3 memory controller, the Intel Core i3-550M enables two channels of DDR3-1066/1333 memory, resulting in up to 21 GB/sec memory bandwidth. Plus the memory controller's lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
- Intel Smart CacheIntel Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from faster, more efficient cache subsystem resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and improved performance.
- Hyper-Threading Technology (HT Technology)Intel Hyper-Threading Technology delivers thread-level parallelism on each processor resulting in more efficient use of processor resources—higher processing throughput—and improved performance on the multi-threaded software of today and tomorrow.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST)EIST allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease average power consumption and average heat production, which means of enabling very high performance while also meeting the power-conservation needs.