Get more from less
The Intel 4th generation Core i5-4590S processor is based on the new 22nm Haswell Microarchitecture for improved CPU performance. Advanced power management innovations help keep power consumption in check. New compute instructions ensure enhanced performance per cycle. Improved Intel integrated graphics enables discrete-level graphics performance. Extract more power from your Haswell core-based processor.
As the “S” suffix means “performance-optimized lifestyle” in official Intel documents, the i5-4590S is an energy efficient processor with 65W TPD and 3-3.7 GHz frequency range. Compared with 84W TDP of i5-4590 (3.3-3.7 GHz), this model is great for HTCP, compact PC and more situations where power consumption and noise level matter.
- Haswell Microarchitecture on 22nm processThe new Microarchitecture (code name Haswell) has full integrated voltage regulator (FIVR) for simplified motherboard design. It delivers improved CPU performance and enhanced overclocking over its previous generation Microarchitecture.
- New 4 generation Intel Core processor family instructionsHaswell core-based processors come with Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel AVX2). Intel AVX2 expands integer data to 256-bit SIMD to increase the performance of integer operations. It also offers new capabilities such as Gather and FMA (Fused Multiply-Add). Additional new instructions accelerate key algorithms including parallel extract/deposit, bit manipulation operations and new rotates/multiplies/shift. The AES-NI performance is also improved.
- Intel processor graphics with Dx11.1 & OPenCL 1.2Haswell core-based processors offer improved integrated graphics. The integrated graphics supports DirectX 11.1 for optimized graphics performance and OpenGL 3.2 & OpenCL 1.2 for enhanced general purpose computing in GPGPU supported applications. It also features digital display repartition, where digital display ports are wired directly to the CPU and analog displays are handled by a Random Access Memory Digital-to-Analog Converter (RAMDAC) located in the Platform Controller Hub (PCH). It supports up to three independent displays: HDMI, DVI, Display Port, VGA (via Lynx Point).
- Haswell power management innovationHaswell core-based processors offer advanced power management. It has 20x + improvement from prior generation and is automatic, continuous, fine-grained, transparent to well written SW.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0More intelligent, energy-efficient, and dynamic than previous generation, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 gives you accelerating performance when you need it. It delivers an even greater automatic speed increase by allowing processor cores to run faster than the base operating frequency for demanding applications if the processor is operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.