Whether it’s HD media, 3D gaming, or serious multitasking, unlock your full potential with the 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2600S processor. With top-of-the-line speed complemented by Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, a rich set of features, and Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, it delivers 2nd generation smart performance at its best with the flexibility to set your system specs just the way you like. Moreover, the 2nd generation Intel Core processor with alpha suffix “S” that indicates “Performance Optimized Lifestyle” has a lower TDP of 65W, ideal for both performance and energy conscious users.
- Fully Integrated Microarchitecture on 32nm ProcessThe Intel microarchitecture codename Sandy Bridge is an incredible leap in processor integration and manufacturing introduced in the 2nd generation Intel Core processor family. Manufactured entirely on Intel 32nm process technology, Sandy Bridge unifies processor cores, the memory controller, last-level cache (LLC), and graphics and media processing. Such tight integration enables a host of performance and efficiency improvements, including fast access by cores and graphics to shared data in the last-level cache to accelerate graphics processing, fewer buses over which data and signaling must travel for faster processing, and more memory bandwidth for the cores to boost system performance.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0More intelligent, energy-efficient, and dynamic than previous generation, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 gives you accelerating performance when you need it. It delivers an even greater automatic speed increase by allowing processor and graphics cores to run faster than the base operating frequency for demanding applications if the processor is operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.
- Intel Smart CacheIntel Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from faster, more efficient cache subsystem resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and improved performance.
- Integrated DDR3 Memory ControllerIntegrated memory controller enables two channels of DDR3 1066/1333 MHz memory, resulting in up to 21 GB/sec memory bandwidth. Plus the memory controller's lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
- Built-in Visuals (with H/Z68 Chipset)The 2nd generation Intel Core i processors integrate a suite of technologies built right into the processor that deliver stunning visual experiences. Intel Quick Sync Video is breakthrough hardware acceleration that makes fast work of creating, editing, synchronizing, and sharing your videos at home and on the internet. Built-in Intel HD Graphics enables superior mainstream gaming and 3D experiences – without the need for a discrete graphics card. Enjoy stunning visual quality and color fidelity for spectacular HD playback and immersive web browsing with Intel Clear Video HD Technology, plus the ultimate 3D visual experiences seamlessly from your PC with Intel InTru 3D Technology.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (HT Technology)Intel Hyper-Threading Technology delivers thread-level parallelism on each processor resulting in more efficient use of processor resources—higher processing throughput—and improved performance on the multi-threaded software of today and tomorrow.