Get the edge you need to dominate your gaming competition with the unlocked*, unleashed, and uncompromising 2nd generation Intel Core i7-3820 processor. With a killer combination of features including Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, 4-channel memory, large cache size and overclocking*, the ultra-threaded 2nd generation Intel Core i7-3820 processor is flexible and devastatingly powerful. Add in the ability to enable uncompromised 2 x 16 multicard NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX graphics configurations and you have a platform that is unrivaled. The only thing holding your gaming domination back now is you. (*Partial overclocking is available on the 4 core LGA 2011 i7-3820 processor. Partial overclocking will allow you to adjust the core multiplier to a preset maximum.)
- MASSIVE PCIE GRAPHICS BANDWIDTHProvides up to 40 lanes of PCIe bandwidth for PCI Express devices, which can include graphics cards, storage controllers, and additional LAN devices. This processor has more than 2X the PCIe lanes vs. other 2nd Generation Intel Core desktop processors.
- FOUR CHANNEL INTEGRATED MEMORY CONTROLLERAn integrated memory controller with four channels of DDR3 1600 MHz offers memory bandwidth up to 51.2 GB/s. Combined with the processor’s efficient prefetching algorithms, this memory controller’s lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
- INTEL TURBO BOOST TECHNOLOGY 2.0Dynamically increases the processor’s frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom when operating below specified limits. Get more performance automatically, when you need it the most.
- Intel Hyper-Threading TechnologyToday's Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel HT Technology) delivers thread-level parallelism on each processor resulting in more efficient use of processor resources—higher processing throughput—and improved performance on the multi-threaded software of today and tomorrow.
- INTEL SMART CACHEThis large last-level cache enables dynamic and efficient allocation of shared cache to all cores to match the needs of various applications for ultra-efficient data storage and manipulation.
- INTEL ADVANCED VECTOR EXTENSIONS (INTEL AVX)Intel AVX is a new 256 bit instruction set extension to SSE and is designed for applications that are Floating Point (FP) intensive. Intel AVX improves performance due to wider vectors, new extensible syntax, and rich functionality. This results in better management of data and general purpose applications like image, audio/video processing, scientific simulations, financial analytics and 3D modeling and analysis.